Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Off To The Chickenburger!





On Sunday evening we were walking on the beach trail and we both had the same idea.......to get a couple of chicken burgers at the Chickenburger of course!




We were getting hungry and made a 180 on the trail and headed back towards the car. It was a good half hour drive to Bedford where this diner is located.




They are noted for their chicken burgers as well as for their fish and chips, and hamburgers. I must say though that the BEST hamburgers are in the valley at the Evangeline Cafe in Grand Pre.




It was busy when we got there. I do believe this place is always busy and has been since it opened 70 years ago! Anybody who visits Halifax must give this place a try. It was featured in a movie in the 90's and Ron blogged about it last year.




I worked (taught) at the local high school for about 12 years and got to know this place very well. The fish is really good but since I don't indulge in 'deep fat fried' food any longer, I opted, as did Ron for the chicken burgers.




When our four arrived, they aren't that big, I headed back to the car as Sophie was with us and she wanted to try them out too!




They were great....always are.




See that 'juke box' over on the right-hand side, well it has the BEST music from the 50's and 60's and it is always blaring out the tunes!









19 comments:

  1. Hi Jim. This looks like a great place! I love the green, yellow and orange circle lights and I can almost hear the juke box playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we get a craving as well. Ours is for Sonic. Its a drive in Burger place where they still wear roller skates to bring your food to your car window. Though I don't eat meat I get a burger with no meat and fries. Its also not what I would call health food LOL but once in a while a person just wants that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Man. Now I'm totally jonesin for a chickenburger too. But since it's breakfast time, I guess I'll have to stick to my Fiber One Cereal. How sad am I?
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a delicious place....the menu has a variety of goodness I'd like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the use of neon inside the diner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that sounds like a fun and good place to try. I kept scrolling and was hoping you would show us what was on your plate before you ate it;))
    That is quite the "Rooster" sign:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish they had places like that over here! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicken burgers? Hmmm. Sounds good and looks to be cheap eats as well. Love this "story" of your evening. Hope they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, I really like this kind of posts and pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun trip for some good food!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post. I love the look of the place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, man alive.... I really want a Chickenburger! .... they sound bloody marvellous ... nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  13. The prices seem a bit strange!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes come to think about it, the prices do seem odd....probably to make for a more even amount after tax was added in.....maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like home to me. (No, really!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like a great place...I bet Sophie loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. the diningroom looks a little Jetson-y to me.
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am alergic to chicken! But I judge every restaraunt by it's fish and chips. If they have good fish and chips, I'll be back for everything else. If they don't have fish and chips, I'm out of there.

    I love all the neon. I used to own a video store in the 90's. I thought it would be kewl to deck the place out in neon. It played havock with the phone system but it looked really great.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails