Monday, June 20, 2011

Contemplative Monday


"Home-Made, Home-Made! But aren't we all?".....Elizabeth Bishop, poet.




I've been reading a short biography of Elizabeth Bishop by Sandra Barry. She was an American poet who spent a large portion of her childhood living with her grandparents in Great Village, Nova Scotia.




This area of the province wraps itself along the shores at the very end of the Bay of Fundy, Cobequid Bay.




Ms.Bishop would return to Nova Scotia regularly throughout her life.


    Lilac and Spider.








15 comments:

  1. I thought we were what we ate? Though, of course, she's right. We're all products of the environment that produced us, to some extent. That, of course, raises the environment vs. heredity question. I suspect, for instance, that I would have had my Irish temper no matter where I was raised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos ... unfortunately I'm unaware of Elizabeth Bishop ... but do love poetry so I gotta check her out! Thanks for sharing her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I never saw the spider until you mentioned it! Elizabeth Bishop said it very well...no matter how we turnout in life, we were all home-made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Elizabeth Bishop is regarded as a major poet, but I've never been able to warm up to her poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vacker blogg. Jag kommer att återvända hit!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  6. you recently took these? lilacs here have all lost their flowers. and none are that pretty...
    oh well!!
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are just about at the end of our lilac season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photographs are just gorgeous Jim!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails