Saturday, June 25, 2011

Retro Saturday



Found these on Wednesday past at the 'Sally Ann'. They caught my eye immediately and I could tell that they were from Quebec.




Got home and 'googled' around a bit and discovered that they were from Quebec.. The artist, Charles R. de Guise, was/is one of the 'rue du Tresor' artists in Quebec City.




These are 'offset' prints which were first printed in black and white, then hand-painted' by the artists and then signed. If you want to learn a little more about this process, click here.




Funny, but when I saw these I was instantly taken back to the 70's when Ron and I were in Quebec City visiting a friend. He took us down to rue du Tresor one day and we were very impressed by what we saw........even back then the artists were everywhere selling their work.




These are 'keepers'. I got home and immediately took down three 'older' photographs and put these up in their place. We love them! In case you are interested, I paid $8.00 for both. Sweet!











Related Posts with Thumbnails