Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's Everywhere.....We just Have To Look


We are so used to the cool weather here in Nova Scotia (and I am using 'we' as in Ron and I, not all Nova Scotians) that when it all of a sudden turned HUMID this afternoon, Ron and I were looking for refuge.




Of course we turned the A/Con in the car and that helped a bit. And knowing we'd be leaving the comfort of the car as soon as we got home, we drove past our house and headed to MacDonald Hill. We were guaranteed to have some reprieve there.




And as always to our surprise we were the only ones there! It always blows us away that no one else was taking advantage of the cooler air on this hill.




So up this hill we went.




And you know what? I realized that all around us were the most beautiful flowers growing 'au naturel'.




So I lingered behind sitting amongst the grasses and flowers 'snapping away' as Ron and Sophie  went further up the hill.




All the photos here, and the 'header', were taken this evening. As much as I like the flowers we grow in our garden and over which we have some control, I appreciate and cannot compete with these so-called 'wild flowers' in their natural habitat.




Beauty is everywhere.....we just have to look.







16 comments:

  1. Come and visit...you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I like so much about the three of you, you know how to take the time to look, and enjoy those little things. And, it has amazed me for some time, as I mentioned to Sophie the other day, that you have all of these beautiful water vistas around you, and there never seem to be tons of people around, enjoying the sights. They don't know what they're missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wild flowers are one of the great pleasures of life. I don't see many nowadays in my urban life but when I was a kid in rural Manitoba, they were all around me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JIM. . .your 'wild life' is awesome. . .esp the butter cups! Beautiful photo. I haven't noticed any here . yet. . .I must go look.!
    justin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful walk and I agree ... beauty surrounds us in the most unusual and unexpected places! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to visit Nova Scotia one day.

    For some reason, don't ask me how, I always had the notion that it was always windy and cold over there.

    Your pics and blog (Jim & Ron) have shown the place to look very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that spot up on that hill...

    Armed with allergy pills, and a box of Kleenex - I could spend the whole day up there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your header is pretty, very summery. Iris growing in the wild! What a pretty spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The header is so summery! And iris growing in the wild!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That purple flower is an Iris isn't it? You know what, your blog proves that living by the sea is a blessing - it will never get boring and there will always be an endless supply of stunning images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen a wild iris since I left Wyoming. They used to grow wild there, too. Beautiful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Jim! I love your winter pictures. And your fall pictures. But this...this is magically pretty. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place! The flowers are lovely and I really like your header!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning!

    But I spent the weekend in San Francisco and was sooo happy to come back to warm L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful....love the new header...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails