Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday's Wrap Up

                             From the shed.


It's Friday and the end of the week. It was a week of sunshine here in Halifax, Nova Scotia.


   Maidenhair Fern.


And as a result there were many photos taken around here. Also it was the week that my Dad turned 95 years old.


                             Hosta leaf.


We both had a short stint with the flu bug. That was weird! I haven't had the flu for quite a long time. There's absolutely nothing one can do but to sit back and take it like a man! Which we did, as best we could! lol


                             Bearded Iris.


Speaking of Dad's birthday, I took him out for dessert on Thursday afternoon after his 'ear' appointment. He needed an adjustment made to his hearing aids.......they needed to be programmed to a little higher volume.


    Reflections.


We were there two weeks previous and the audiologist, Amy, noted that Dad's day of birth was the same as hers. So Dad brought along a couple of cupcakes for her. She was very pleased.


                             Hired help....aka Ron.


In two days time we (the family and friends) will all be congregating at my sister's home for the big party! There are over 80 people invited and we expect it to be the 'party of the year' for our family.


                             On the boardwalk at Conrad's Beach.


Of course I will have 'a few' photos to share with you all, next week.


    Break time.


Today we started to do two walks with Sophie. We will try to keep this going now that the weather is better.





15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Pops!

    Where can I get a handsom tree trimmer like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in all, a positive week, it sounds like. That boardwalk looks like so much fun to walk on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better, Jim. I can't wait to hear all about the big party. It was so sweet of your dad to take Amy cupcakes for her birthday. This reminds me of the time one of our customers brought us each a hot fudge sundae. Yep, you heard that right. Gary was gone for the day and I ended up 'having' to eat both sundae's. LOL. No wonder I'm looking to lose weight.
    Tell your dad HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous birthday bash it will be! Have fun!

    And don't you just love a hot guy in coveralls?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim, I can't wait to see all of the party pictures. I hope the weather holds up for the party.
    Have a great weekend!
    Your Friend, m.
    p.s. I like your yard boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flu can knock a young man clean off his feet so I'm glad your Dad (and you) feel better.

    Sounds like the party will be a really good one. Wish your Dad well from us blogging nutcases.

    Tell Ron the 'dunggies' suit him a treat. I've got a pair of carhartt ones but I don't dare wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Pops! I imagine you are going to be pretty busy for a while! Sorry about the bug, hard to not get them though. Have a great weekend!!! Hugs to Pops on his 95th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, happiest of birthdays to your dad, Jim! Wow, 95 is quite a milestone. My dad made it to 93. Was your dad born about 1914? Mine was born in 1915.

    You took some beautiful pictures. I love the Maidenhair and the bearded iris and and and....you live in such a beautiful area (I'm sure you know that).

    bye for now~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey. . . wow! those overalls of RON's. . . ..sooo cooool. . .I gotta get me a suit like that!!! awesome beachwear. . .hahaha. . .they shed easy. . .;-)

    justin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are both feeling better-at least that is out of the way now and won`t spoil your celebrations in any way-have a fabulous weekend, look forward to seeing the photo`s.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last picture of Ron is wonderful!

    I hope you have a lovely time at the party and a great weekend to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a view from the shed!
    80 people sounds like quite the party. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 95 and still a gentleman. nice touch, the cupcakes for his audiologist.
    :)~
    hoping he'll enjoy this birthday!!
    :)~

    on a sidenote, love the boardwalk pic, makes for an interesting composition.
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that pic of Ron by the tree. :)
    How exciting a big party. Looking forward to seeing pics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the picture of ron and sophie on that boardwalk is absolutely beautiful. wow i would LERVE to take a hike there!

    happy birthday to your daddy. give him a hug for me. xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails