Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday's Selection




Today's pick is by a musician named Stephane Grappelly. He was born in Paris in 1908 and died in Paris in 1997.


He was a self-taught violinist, and before he was 20 he met a fellow musician, Django Reinhardt, and they formed probably the most famous jazz quintet of all time called the 'Quintette du Hot Club de France in 1934.


Grappelly has a playfulness about him when he plays and he can hop around his violin like nobody's business.


Hope this selection will ease you into your Sunday.

12 comments:

  1. My net says "no" to videos this morning. Jill jerked me into this morning, by dancing all over my body and trying to lick my face off.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He basically invented jazz violin, didn't he? I didn't know he started out with Django Reinhardt though -- so thanks for that info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I needed this! Thanks for sharing.
    I always enjoy my visits here!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  4. That music is so hauntingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have something for you on my blog, please stop by and pick it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so French!!! I could be sitting in a small cafe in Paris with a glass of wine and some macarons listening to that beautiful sound...lovely music!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad we are blog friends. You teach me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful and diane knows of him.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails