Saturday, October 30, 2010

Retro Saturday


We love old lamps around here! Always have an eye open for one in our 'travels'.




A few we 'inherited' from Ron's Mom.




One I remember getting for $2.00 at a YWCA sale way back in the '80's! The glass is like an art-glass piece.




Got this one at the Sally Ann last year and the shade just yesterday at the same place!




This pink and gold one we got at some sale, somewhere.....don't remember. But I loved the colours.




Most of the lamps we get are just the bases, and we keep a outlook for shades that will fit somewhat, and suit the base.




I like the effect that a lamp can have on a room and the ambiance it can create. We have quite a few scattered around the house.


Now that the days are getting shorter, the lamps are working at full tilt. And there's nothing more cozy than snuggling up near one with a good book or whatever.



13 comments:

  1. I agree. Lamps can make all the difference. My hubby tried to surprise me with a 'natural light' lamp last night, but I caught him trying to put it together in the garage. It was all downhill from there... the bottom metal part was stripped and wouldn't screw on right and, well... it's going back today. I like the first one best, the green one. How unique!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first pink one, and you know, Sharon doesn't like pink, but glass, on the other hand... It would go quite nicely in my cocoa n cream bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love lamps in winter....they add a cozy glow, kind of like a fireplace glow. I have a couple of old lamps I could post about. Might do that sometime! Love the glass lamp base....it does look like expensive art.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lamps do make all the difference! After looking at your post I realised that I need more lamps in my house, except for my bedrooms I only have one lamp in my house!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lamps! You are right,lamp light is so much more cozy on a winters evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jim! I also love old lamps, I really think they have so much character. I also prefer lamp light to any other kind of light, I find it so relaxing, especially at the end of a long day!

    I hope you're having a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love these lamps and specially the first green one! i can picture your lil bungalo to be so cozy,, just wait till it snows, and you have a fire going...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have LED or CFL bulbs in all of them?
    I have so many lamps on timers around here. My electric bill is 30% less than it was 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love the light from a lamp. So cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first lamp was just too cool! Actually, they are all pretty neat. Thanks for giving us inspiration when we visit those garage sales and charity tables!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the top one. We must be lamp hoarders in this area because I never see them at the thrift shoppes. I keep looking though, any excuse..;j

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, I love the first one! It's just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some fabulous lamps. I like the first one, too - am coveting it in fact.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails