Monday, March 9, 2015

Contemplative Monday



The following was taken from 'The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh'
and published by 'Shambhala Pocket Classics'.

ART


"The work of art can help people understand the nature of their suffering
and have insight into how to transform the negative
and to develop the positive in themselves.


Writing, making a film, creating a work of art, can be an act of love.
That act of love nourishes you and nourishes others.


If you're happy, if you know how to live deeply every moment of your life,
then deep understanding, joy, and compassion can come.


Your art will reflect this understanding and will share it with others."





8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sure can, Debra, also gives us so many insights.

      Delete
  2. how I love these glimpses of this extraordinary man, i need his word of wisdom, I'm choking on the noise in my apts...I need to do more art, I need him! and you thank you Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on this, Lorraine. I would have loved to have spent time with TNH.

      Delete
  3. i love his words and your photos are great. Still looks very cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still cool/chilly here but down right balmy compared to a month ago, Jeanne!
      I too find his words very calming.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails