Saturday, June 4, 2016

Saturday Morning Post



Spring continues here in Nova Scotia.....


Wild apple blossoms at the park....


Male Pileated Woodpecker caught our attention at the park.....


Tulips still surviving in our garden due to cool temperatures....


Sophie LOVES this coarse grass....to eat


 A typical spring day in the park....


From my perch at the shop......


Lone sailboat at mouth of Halifax Harbour.....


Lighthouse on McNab's Island at the entry into Halifax by sea........


Same sailboat, different location.....


Fresh fern 'forest'.......


Zooming in on the 'subject'....


Young Birch grove.....


I got this at an auction last week.
I 'googled' the artist and found that she lives in Montreal.
Her name is Rita Briansky and she is 91 years old.
She has shown her work in most large cities in North America,
Europe and Japan.

I found a phone number for her and gave her a call and left a message.
Low and behold the next day she called!
A lovely lady and she was very interested in what painting of hers I had.
I described it and she told me that one was done in the late 60's
and it was called 'Cerise' (shades of red).
She was thrilled to know where it ended up.

It is a wonderful addition to our house.




19 comments:

  1. I loved your photos and THEN you show us this fabulous ART and tell us you were able to speak with the artist! I LOVE that!!
    Does the artist have a computer and is able to see this on your blog? I hope so! I am very glad this painting ended up with you and will be loved and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kay G.
      Good to see you. And a very Happy Anniversary to you both!!
      I was very fortunate to have the chance to speak with Rita Briansky and I will check to see if I can send her this image.

      Delete
    2. Let us know in a future post if she is able to see her painting!

      Delete
  2. I love how you contact artists and have a little chat with them! It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Edmonton today and we're off to the Pride Parade with Elaine and Tim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure why not try, can't hurt, Debra.
      Have a great 'pride parade'!! Give Elaine/Tim a big hug for us....heck, hugs to you two as well!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photo's and a lovely story to go along with it no doubt you will treasure the painting all the more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct, Margo, makes it all the more special.

      Delete
  4. I love the painting and love even more that you connected with the artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 'eye-catching' for sure, eh Mitch?
      It must have been fate that I get this painting and speak with the artist.

      Delete
  5. I love the painting! What a thrill to speak to the artist. Spring? I know it's spring, but it feels like summer because the temps are in the nineties every day, and it's humid. AC is a must.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a thrill, Janie.
      It was a cool 15C here all day! Perfect in my books!
      Don't know how you do it 'down south'......well I guess I do....AC.

      Delete
    2. I don't go out much. It's not just the heat. It's the mosquitoes, too.

      Delete
    3. Ours are just showing themselves now. They LOVE me and leave Ron alone....go figure!!

      Delete
  6. I love it too.........i bet it looks lovely in the evening light of subdued lighting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, John.....a very soft effect.

      Delete
  7. Spring is in full force there, Jim. Beautiful images. How wonderful that you contacted the artist! What a thrill for her...and for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it is, Martha. Still cool here but after the full moon we should be jumping into our Maritime summer.
      The artist did sound happy that I called her and she was thankful to hear what I had to say, as was I with what I learned.

      Delete
  8. Hi, Jim! I loved this post with its beautiful spring photos. Just yesterday I was over at the clubhouse looking at the latest photos from the HEB photography group. The first one I saw was titled "Halifax Park!" That was a jaw dropper! The story about the painter was heartwarming! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now what a coincidence that was!

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails