Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Day At The 'Office'


I work on Sundays....weather permitting in winter.
This winter has been an interesting one, to say the least.

So Saturday night we had a snow storm/blizzard.
On Sunday morning I thought I wouldn't be able to get to the shop
(which is five minutes away by car)
because our driveway was buried in a foot of snow.

At around 9 AM I heard our 'plow guy' out front.
YEAH!
The roads had been plowed as well, so I contacted the ladies
who run the 'tea room' to see if they are opening.
They were, so away I went.


The parking lot was plowed and we were all looking forward to the day.


It was a busy morning but not for us!
There were surfers arriving and parking their cars
because there was no access to parking at the beach
 because of two months worth of snow and Saturday night's.


In the 'surfing world', word travels quickly when the surf is just right.
And come they did!


A little bit of snow wasn't going to stop these guys and gals.
And as soon as they could get on their gear, away they went towards the beach.


Some were at full gallop along the shoulder of the highway.


Even though it was a DEAD day at the shop,
all the activity kept me entertained and busy.
Plus, I started a good book....
'The Life of Pi' by Yann Martel.

18 comments:

  1. Hmmm, a tramp in the snow, then a surf in the ocean, what a wonderful way to spend a morning, and all viewed from your window??? And for you too, what a wonderful way to spend a morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't automatically put the two together, eh Jean?!
      I was fun to watch them arrive and come back looking totally exhilarated!!

      Delete
  2. You really have to admire the perseverance of those surfers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rewards must be what keeps them coming back for more, Fiona.

      Delete
  3. The images of surfers carrying their boards through the snow are so incongruous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in Nova Scotia (at least this winter) Mitchell, is not for the faint of heart!!

      Delete
  4. where else do you see a sight like this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in too many places, Joyce!! But this is the nature of surfers......I don't think they feel anything! lol

      Delete
  5. Great shots, Jim. It's amazing how some folks are so dedicated to surfing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like this here 12 months of the year, Martha. I hear that the 'high' one gets waiting on the board and riding the right wave is very exhilarating.

      Delete
  6. I love the book "Life of Pi" -- it was an exciting read because of all the spiritual ideas it contained, not just because of the tiger Richard Parker. Although he added a certain frisson too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably why I got hooked in the first few chapters, Debra. It will be an enjoyable read I am sure.

      Delete
  7. Can't even imagine doing that! brrrrrrr
    I too started a book a few days back. I am finding very good! The Untethered Soul - By Michael A Singer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoken like a true southerner!! lol
      Thanks, I will take a look at this one.

      Delete
  8. It seems so funny to see those surfers traipsing through the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Pat! At one point a few were hip deep in snow banks!!

      Delete
  9. I saw on the news about the plane skidding off of the runway in the snowy conditions. Surfing in snowy weather - you Canadians are hardy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That we are, Craig! Bred right into us!
      That plane never even made it to the runway. It was a crash landing and the good thing is that all survived.......except the plane.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails