Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday Morning Post


We got through this very COLD week and kept busy:


Good morning sunshine......the earth says hello!


Ever have a craving for Thai food?! We did last week.....


Let me see....


Green tea elephant......


Fresh Thai spring rolls....


Ginger chicken.....


Had ginger beef and rice as well.......yes it was good!

A walk in downtown Halifax last Saturday:


Cathedral steeple reflection.


A very colourful yarn shop window.


Every window in the deserted building had a 'star' in it.


 The building on the right had a thriving night club (gay) on its top floor
 in the mid to late 70's.


Self explanatory.


Look at the brickwork on this building.


This fellow was the best known and best respected  politician 
in Nova Scotia. He was a journalist as well 
and later became Premier of the province.
Oh yes, he wasn't 200 years old when he died!!


This strange fella kept stopping and taking pictures of me!!


Halifax City Hall in foreground.


 Glass and brass.


Church door.


Legend has it that this profile impression (upper right window) is that of a deacon
who was standing near the window during the 'Halifax Explosion'.


Most surfers could care less.




8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed all these photos, especially the "cathedral steeple reflection" one. Halifax has some amazing old buildings downtown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra. We had a great walk downtown last weekend with Sophie in tow!
      Yes, Halifax does have some good old buildings.

      Delete
  2. Who is that handsome guy stalking you? Does Ron know about it? :)

    Great collection of photos. I love those old buildings! And I LOVE Thai food. Now I have a craving for it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron is a very understanding fellow Martha!!
      Thanks and go get some Thai food.....if you haven't already!!

      Delete
  3. So many great photos and stories! I take it the Marble Building is where they make marbles, huh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is!! One must be very careful upon entering the building.....but you get the hang of it pretty easily! lol

      Delete
  4. So, you have your own personal stalker, eh!?!
    Love that steeple reflection.
    That opened window adds even more drama.
    But I would have cheated a bit by distorting the left window
    to make it perfectly straight. My brain needs straight lines...
    I'm obsessed by perfect vertical or horizontal lines to ground my pictures.
    But it is a great shot nonetheless.
    A nightclub upstairs? I don't know what the interior looked like,
    but the exterior is grand. Love it!!
    Now, because of you, even if it is the only the middle of the night (1:41 am)
    and was contemplating a grilled cheese with red pepper,
    I now crave Thai...
    Which I'll get later for lunch I guess at the food court.
    Howe's mural is splendid but is it just me,
    or do you also see an animal face on his vest?!?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails