Thursday, March 20, 2014

Yin and Yang


A beautiful day at the beach yesterday afternoon....
temperature a bearable +2C
with a brisk breeze 
and the sun bouncing on the ocean.


A lone seagull floated by.....riding a zephyr 
and  reflecting the sun's rays......
very tranquil.


A few minutes later another 'sky creature'........
this one much more demanding and noticeable,
known as a Sea-King Helicopter.

It had been doing 'training exercises' down the shore a bit 
and was heading home to Canadian Forces Air Base Shearwater
which is located in Dartmouth (the city across the harbour from Halifax). 


Upon closer inspection one can see
three airmen airing out their laundry!!?

'Yin and yang' is a concept in Chinese philosophy which describes
opposite forces that are interconnected in our natural world.



15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time, Jim. +2C. Why that's almost summer...hahaha... Of course it isn't, but at least it's above 0. Wonderful images. Personally, I prefer the lone seagull. Less noticeable, but much quieter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Martha. But I guess things coexist for a reason.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if that helicopter was on the lookout for the lost plane? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nancy, wouldn't be surprised considering the number of countries involved in that search. I hope families and loved ones get some relief soon.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Fiona, that is the perfect name for it! It dazzles me all the time.

      Delete
  4. I'll take the seagull! You got a great shot of the guys sitting in the door of the helicopter though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I had to crop to enlarge and was surprised to see them just sitting there.

      Delete
  5. 2C, almost a warm day. Love the close up of the guys with bright red trousers, I'm sure they must have no fear of heights or hanging out of an open doorway. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would hope they are tethered to something up there, Jean!
      Yes, almost a warm day here but we have a ways to go.

      Delete
  6. As always, gorgeous photos combined with your wonderful "vision."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitchell. I just wish I had 20/20 vision again!!

      Delete
  7. That first photo with the gull is wonderful, Jim! That light! And I never tire of seeing anything that is manmade flying! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails