Monday, July 15, 2013

Contemplative Monday


The following quote is from 'Heart Advice, Weekly Quotes From Pema Chodron' :

OUR MISTAKEN FEELING OF SEPARATENESS


"At the level of absolute truth, there is no reason to suffer.


But at the relative level, we're all in considerable pain.


The cause of our discontent is our mistaken feeling of separateness.


This isn't based on anything tangible.


It's based on beliefs and concepts.


The duality of subject and object, self and other, 
is an illusion imputed by the mind.


This absolute understanding is arrived at through the practice 
of letting go.


Meanwhile, we can work at the level of everyday pain


and treat other people's suffering as our own."







6 comments:

  1. That grass in your photos, we have lots of them in my country. They grow just everywhere. But I never thought of photographing them. Probably it is because I just think of them as grass and not never really look at them as a thing of beauty. Sigh. Time to reevaluate my perspective on things, I guess. Thanks for this eye-opener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that looks like my yard.
    GM, Jim. Not alive yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a post ready for this Heart Advice offering, but decided yours was much better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece of wisdom. I also love the wildflowers. So pretty.
    Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails