Friday, May 11, 2012

What's The Hurry?


We were at the park this past weekend and ran into this fella.


You will 'get through' this post faster than it took him to pass me!


He must be partial to blondes because he only turned his head to get a better look at Sophie!


Or maybe it was Ron! I'll pay for that! lol


I was crouched down in the path and he was heading straight for me.


His humans were a bit ahead of him with the 'other' basset.


It appeared that he could care less how far ahead they were.


He was not about to go any faster for anybody.


I guess he thought I was going to move as he was headed right at me.


 He was really taking 'baby steps' and seemed as relaxed as can be.


He didn't touch me as he passed but was very close.


He didn't have a care in the world.


It was hard to tell if he was enjoying himself or not!


He was in his own little world.


I never realized how close to the ground Basset hounds are!


Speaking of close to the ground!! How am I going to straighten up now?


And away he went! 


And I didn't even get his name!




31 comments:

  1. This was too funny! What a sweet dog. You can't help but admire his attitude. If only more humans were this laid back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we could learn a lot from our dogs!

      Delete
  2. He's so cute. He has a face like my old Roman.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my Son loved Basset Hounds. i think it's the attitude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty easy to love, I'd say. So full of attitude in a good way!

      Delete
  4. Underbar liten historia!

    Wonderful little story!

    /Lola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lola! Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That he was! I couldn't just walk past this guy!

      Delete
  6. Sometimes you just gotta mosey along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! Just let it all go and and smell the roses.

      Delete
  7. old fat low and slow

    just rolling along

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering where his human was but realized that there's not a chance in the world that this chubby fellow would (or could) run away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! He was going nowhere fast, that's for sure.

      Delete
  9. LOL! What a delightful series. The dog is so cute and your narrative so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a situation which I couldn't let pass by!

      Delete
  10. OMG! This is hilarious! That guy is one huge basset! He reminded me of our late basset Barney, when he got older he would just doddle along at his own pace and ignore everything around him! The same question crosses my mind as it did you when I am down taking pictures of Fred and Gloria, "how the heck do I get up?" LOL! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I was so involved in the pictures that I was getting comfortable where I was....until I had to get up!! Glad you enjoyed these!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. He was Penny! Full of attitude and personality!

      Delete
  12. Looks like the obesity epidemic has now hit Canada! Seriously though, this was a lovely series of shots of a very determined little big dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is alive and well here in Canada! And he was a real character!

      Delete
  13. Oh Jim- he is adorable!! I love these pictures- they tell the best story about this little guy. I'm totally loving him-- now I want a Bassett hound---

    What a cutie!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Go for it Vicki! I am SURE he would assist you with your 'nests'!!

      Delete
  14. LOL! What a cute cute senior pup! He certainly knows how to enjoy life on his own terms.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post. This little fella is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff! He was indeed.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails