Saturday, May 5, 2012

Horsin' Around....part two



Okay, now let's get to the stables where Mary has her horse, Topaz.


Before leaving the canal and heading to Rolling Hills Stables, we saw this truck crossing the canal.



 As soon as we got there we saw Mary's horse, Topaz.


Her trainer arrived to get Topaz to put her through her paces.


Mary watches as the trainer takes Topaz around the ring.


Not being a 'horse person' by any stretch, I assumed Topaz was being lead through the different paces that horses can learn to do.


 This is the Gaspereau Valley in the background where vineyards are quickly replacing fruit orchards. It is a beautiful area of the province.


"You guys look like 'city-slickers'....I need a close-up view ."


"Yep! You are that!"


                                                There were probably 25 or so horses here.


I really wish I had the knowledge to identify each of these horses.

All I know is that I appreciated their size, beauty and strength.




Ron's foot appeared to be a 'hit' with this guy!


And this one couldn't get over to the fence quick enough to check us out!


Here is a shot of the indoor arena which was very large.


Just look at their colour!


And their eyes!


Gentle giants......


And some with 'bangs'!


 Still with that 'wild'  mustang look!


'What's all the fuss about  and why couldn't I come along on the tour?'


I have learned over the years to stick with what I can handle!


The End.




21 comments:

  1. You look rather cool on that horse Jim. Like a pygmy John Wayne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary has a beautiful horse! Horses are such beautiful animals, I love to watch them run when they get their spirit up. Magnificent! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great to watch! It takes a 'cool' person to work with them....as in calm.

      Delete
  3. So exhilarating! You and San Geraldo would select the same horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I love the picture of you on the lil' horse! Some of these pictures are similar to what I'm going to be posting from our getaway.. :-) I love the name Topaz! These horses are beautiful... This looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an adventure for sure, Bobbi.....we had a great day.

      Delete
  5. They really are beautiful creatures, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! So strong and powerful.

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed all these shots, especially you on your magnificent steed, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're makin' me miss my horse from my youth.
    Such beautiful and faithful animals. They will do all most anything for their owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much like dogs do, Stew? Must have been a good experience for you to have a horse then.

      Delete
  8. It took me a few to many seconds to get "the end" joke, I must be slipping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK Jen! I would have missed it completely!!

      Delete
  9. Great shots Jim! That stable is in a lovely setting. Horses are such magnificent animals and Topaz is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they are Pat. The setting was perfect too.

      Delete
  10. You have to know how much I love this post! Beautiful horses and quite a facility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I am glad you appreciate it.

      Delete
  11. Such a great post with beautiful images. Oh, how I love horses. They are such beautiful, magnificent animals. Not sure how I can fit one in my backyard, though. I should tell my husband I want one just to see the expression on his face. :) I love that photo of you on that horse. That's about all I can handle, too...LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails