Saturday, November 6, 2010

Retro Saturday


Way back when I started 'collecting' things from the past, one of the first items I noticed at an auction was Carnival glass.




It triggered something in me.....this glass seemed familiar. Possibly I remember it when I was a child.




Or it could be that I liked the colours and patterns. There are hundreds of patterns.




So I began to collect it. From bowls to vases and anything in between.




We visited antiques and collectibles shops and attended lots of auctions.




I used to have quite a few vases but a few years ago I sold a number of them by consignment at our local antiques shop.




But I still have a few left....the ones from which I didn't want to part.




These pieces were not expensive at all back in the 30's and 40's. But like everything else they are valued today. 
I find it amazing that so much of this glass has survived at all.




These vases were just a few pieces of what I have. I will feature other Carnival patterns as soon as I locate them! lol

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I love colored glass in any way, shape or form! Glad you kept some pieces, these are just so beautiful!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I'm learning about special glass and dishes from you and you are learning about lizards and donkeys from me! Isn't this fun? Great photos and pretty vases.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Inger, we all learn so much from blogging. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carnival glass is one of the few things I don't collect, but mainly because it's expensive. It is truly beautiful, however, and you have some lovely pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the colors of carnival glass! So beautiful!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, pretty! I like the shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! Especially the brownish one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SPECTACULAR!!!!!
    I love indeed the first, dark green vase....it is so very elegant: I would put a few "Calle" in it....!!

    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I'm SURE we had some of these creations when I was a kid. They look SO familiar. Seems like ours was blues and greens, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice vase...love Carnival glass.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails