Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Qi Gong at the Beach


We had our first 'sprinkle' of snow last night. No big deal....only a few centimeters. We had the snow tires put on last week and we are ready for anything!!!


After lunch with Dad (we had Japanese) Ron, Sophie and I headed to the beach. It had turned quite mild.....4C degrees and no wind! Perfect for walking.




Since it was low tide, we walked along the beach instead of taking the boardwalk and trail. What a difference it made with no wind.......much like late March around here.




Sophie was very happy to be on the beach. There were some sandy areas, so she had a ball (literally too) running everywhere.




When we got to the far end of the beach, the sun was starting to break through and a blue sky appeared in the east. It was really quite nice. So I thought it would be good to do some Qi Gong.




It took about 15 minutes to go through the 7 movements. As I was staring out at the Atlantic Ocean, I couldn't help but feel a sense of exhilaration. As always, whenever we do Qi Gong at the beach Sophie digs the obligatory hole!




I've said this before but I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have accessibility to the ocean. I've  read somewhere that there are a lot of negative ions along the ocean's edge. When one walks near it positive vibes are created and you feel really good. Read more here if you don't believe me!



After the Qi Gong I took a few pictures to try and capture a 'sense' of the beach today. 




If you have a chance, why not treat yourself and go for a walk in the mountains ( no wonder you always feel so good Inger), near a water-fall or along a beach. 


Oh yeah, with doing the Qi Gong and all those negative ions, we 'floated' home.....I think.



15 comments:

  1. Very calming pictures, despite the dark clouds. I love walking on the beach, has been so long though. Yes, a simple walk on the beach, makes for feeling good!

    Has Sophie ever dug up any treasure?

    Have a good rest of the day "floating"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got no mountain, water-fall or beach available in Edmonton, unless you count the wave-pool at West Edmonton Mall? Hmmm, better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am popping by to see how you are! We live quite near to the sea, and you are right, we always feel better after a walk there. What a gorgeous dog, I am a sucker for dogs! Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost hear that surf ! lots of interesting looking pebbles and stones ! I love beach combing for treasures x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures carried that beautiful sense of peace to us all, I think. Just lovely. And, I certainly know what you mean when you speak of your love of the ocean and its beaches. Lake Ontario is big enough, I think, that you can get lost in its very presence, just as you can with the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can sense the tranquility in the photos. Beautiful. It is supposed to be 4 degrees here tonight, but unfortunately that's 4F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG these photos are SO beautiful... i love each one.. as i love the beach. thank you for sharing these, i will come back to gaze at them often. they soothe me and remind me that love is endless just as the oceans are...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very lovely! Thank you for sharing. I need to seek that peace more often than I do. We don't have the sea near us here, and the mountains are a couple of hours away by car. There are, however, ways I could connect to that peacefulness if only I would.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel quite calm at the moment after reading that post and looking at those photos!

    Gill in Southern Ontario, miles and miles from the ocean.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!! I'm so sorry that I've not been able to visit you as often as I'd like--Life is getting in the way...But I wanted to say that I just had a conversation with a patient about Qi Gong and he was telling me that it's considered to be part of alternative medicine because of its positive effects on various ailments--By reading your post and looking at your pictures I can tell he's right!!

    I hope you're doing well and enjoying your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know that whenever I'm at the condo in Florida I feel much the same way. Years ago I remember seeing lots of "older" people in San Francisco doing Qi Gong and thinking how cool it looked. Now that I'm an "older person", maybe I should give it a try! Love to you guys and sweet Sophie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love looking at your pictures, they are stunning! We live smack bang in the centre of England, and our nearest coastline is a 2 hour drive away, and it does not compare in the slightest to the beauty of yours.
    Snow has been forecast here for the next few days. It's sad to say but we just can't cope with it here, everything grinds to a halt even when there's been a minimal of snowfall. Schools close, local transport has major problems and the councils panic. It's quite a joke really, but still pitiful.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures, best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. BREATHTAKING ...Jim.....each Imagine is very special, very unique and incredibly beautiful!!!!

    Spectacular scenes and the "sense of the sea"....
    very peaceful and calm.....soft the colours and the glitterig waves so fascinating...!!!!

    MAGNIFICIENT Photos......I am lucky too, the mediterranean sea is very close to my home; but in these days the very bad weather didn't allow a walk on the beach....; I just have done it know beautifully on yours........!!!!!

    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to take Sara (our last dog, yellow lab) to the beach in California. She loved the water and sand so much. I wonder how Georgie would act.

    It always rights me too, spending time in nature.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails