Monday, July 28, 2014

Contemplative Monday


I habitually 'suffer' from seeking resolution to something I feel needs it.
This is a good lesson for me.

The following quote is from 'Heart Advice, Weekly Quotes from Pema Chodron'.

WE DON'T DESERVE RESOLUTION


"As human beings, not only do we seek resolution, but we also feel that we deserve resolution.


However, not only do we not deserve resolution, we suffer from resolution.


We don't deserve resolution; we deserve something better than that.


We deserve our birthright, which is the middle way, 
an open state of mind that can relax with paradox and ambiguity.


To the degree that we've been avoiding uncertainty, 
we're naturally going to have withdrawal symptoms----


withdrawal from always thinking that there's a problem
and that someone, somewhere, needs to fix it."




19 comments:

  1. That's pretty awesome...we deserve more, while economics tell us we're spoiled....I like this man you quote, very much! Have a great day Jim with lots of fabulous things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine. I am sure Ani Pema wouldn't mind being called a man. She would probably laugh her head off at that prospect!!
      thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Pat, this is part of a very large rock outcrop at Black Rock Beach in Halifax....at high tide so most of it is submerged. I thought it looked like a whale when I saw it.
      I edited it so as to 'flatten' everything for this post/lesson.

      Delete
  3. At first I thought you were photographing a whale. But, perhaps a submerged boulder? You don't have to say - I must learn to deal with ambiguity, and I don't need resolution. (Or so the teaching goes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Barb! Oh I wouldn't just leave you there half-submerged in all that ambiguity!! lol It IS a very large rock formation at Point Pleasant Park in Halifax. I used to play there as a kid.....as did every kid back then.

      Delete
  4. I thought the same as Barb, I thought you had seen a whale too! These photos are very intriguing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey H.E.! Nope, a rock formation it is. I wanted to soften the photos and have nothing stand out at all....making it all a bit ambiguous.

      Delete
  5. I have come to believe that paradox is the surest indication of spiritual truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can appreciate the level of 'enlightenment' at which one would be practicing/living this lesson.
      Very difficult as we are mosting trained and encouraged to seek resolution for most things in our lives......to feel 'fulfilled'.

      Delete
    2. .....as we are mostly trained.....

      Delete
  6. Ah, very good. I wanted resolution when I got divorced. I'm over it and I've moved onto to better desires.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I am sure most of us can use this lesson to move on in our lives, Terry. I spent so energy in 'resolution mode' over the years....wanting to resolve so many things that 'I' thought had to be resolved for everybody's benefit. PHEW! Happy I am waking up.

      Delete
  8. Great lesson for today, Jim! We can all learn from this.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails