Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Canada's Birthday


(Image taken from the internet)

I really like the country I live in.
Not unlike most people liking the country they live in.
It is far from perfect my country Canada.
However I am perfectly happy living here.

Canada is a very large country.
I believe it is the second largest country in the world.
One would think that because it is so big 
Canada would have the second largest population.
It doesn't.

I think there are around 35 million people here.
Now spread that out from coast to coast to coast
and that leaves a lot of room to move about
without bumping into anybody.

There is so much room to breathe in Canada.
And for that I feel very fortunate that my ancestors chose it.
There are times when you can be the only one around
not having to worry about claiming a spot.

Did I say it wasn't perfect?
Well, what country is?
But we are getting there.


Today Canada celebrates its 147th birthday.



Here is more history/information if you are interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And to you and Jan, Ken. Have a good day.

      Delete
  2. Happy Canada Day dear Jim, fellow Canadian, it is a beautiful country, and not it's not perfect, but overall it is a good country and oh so beautiful....especially in your corner of the woods although I'm grateful for the Gatineau Hills in any season, but especially in Fall...I hope you all have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Lorraine! I can only imagine the beauty of the Gatineau Hills...I have heard wonderful things about your area in Quebec!

      Delete
  3. Happy Canada Day, Jim. Beautiful, progressive, safe, multicultural, tolerant, innovative, caring and peaceful society... What's there not to love about this great country we live in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To you guys too, Martha! I love thee adjectives you used to describe our great country! We are fortunate indeed!

      Delete
  4. happy canada day! i miss living there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Joyce, there is still tons of room in Canada for you! Have a great day on Friday!

      Delete
  5. Happy Canada Day, Jim, Ron and Sophie! It's going to be 26 here today but I'm wearing my maple leaf mittens anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! We ALWAYS have ours handy as well, Debra!

      Delete
  6. INHALE EXHALE ~~~ Mmmmm GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Canada Day, Jim! Loved those flags! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Canada! Sometimes I think about moving to you.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Canada Day Jim! A great imperfect county where I am perfectly happy (most of the time)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Canada Day! What a beautiful country you live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry! Your country is pretty darn beautiful too!

      Delete
  11. Hope you had a great day! Canada sounds like a lovely place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alright, so I missed it. You know how I feel about it anyway...
    But that's no reason not to be neighborly when folks are most decent.
    Nice to have you "next door"!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy neighbour! Good to have you 'next store' too!
      And to think ny great great grandfather could have chosen Quebec since he was French.....but that's another story.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails