Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Leaving Well Enough Alone


Sometimes I have difficulty letting a photo 'just be'.
Some shots I take I realize immediately that they potentially
have promise....after a bit of editing.
Some photos just need a 'helping hand'.


Case in point is this photo of an old wooden window frame
 on display in a window downtown.
In person it caught my eye but I knew it would need some 'help'.


This next photo is of Ron pruning the espellier pear.
The original was very flat with not much depth of field or colour.
So I 'helped' it along.

Here are the originals:




12 comments:

  1. isn't it fun to process this stuff digitally. I also love texturing stuff! So much fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Jeanne! I haven't tried texturing yet but am being encouraged to do so.

      Delete
  2. Those effects do make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do don't they Debra. Not that the originals were were worthless, they are your basic photos, recording an instant in time. When edited they can become something altogether different...... more artistic in nature maybe.

      Delete
  3. Even the originals look good, Jim, but sometimes making photos more artistic makes them even more interesting. Either way, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Martha. Sometimes I will and can just leave the photo alone.....depending on what I want it to achieve or symbolize.

      Delete
  4. I have the same problem I can't just let it be. It's so much fun to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a pro at this, Pat! I love what you do to your photos.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh Inger, settle down!! lol
      Thank you, I am happy you like what I do.

      Delete
  6. The most I've done to photos is push the auto-correct button! Must learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting how flat they loo before...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails