Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tailing A Freighter


Ever follow a freighter while it was leaving port for the great unknown......on foot?


Well on Monday I did just that, with Sophie in tow.


It was just the two of us as the third 'amigo' was, and still is, home nursing the flu bug.


As I was crossing the bridge into Halifax I noticed a very large freighter leaving port.


By the time I got on the upper harbour trail in the park, 
it had already passed MacNab's Island.


So we had some catching up to do.


I think this was an 'auto freighter'....one carrying cars....because it is completely covered over.


In any case, I could watch these ships come and go all day.........
imagining where they are going, who is on board, what they are carrying.


This activity has been going on in Halifax Harbour since its discovery in 1749.
I wonder how many ships in total that would be?



Related Posts with Thumbnails