Saturday, January 1, 2011

Retro Saturday



Since it's the 'tail end' of the Christmas season, I thought I would show you the related retro items I picked up recently. 




As you can see Prince William's namesake had a hand in producing this. Actually I have no idea what company produced this little plate. But there is a company with that name that produces mugs only.....who knows?!




This plate is a little bigger than the first and it looks like it was made here in Canada. Can't come up with any info on it. But it fits the season with all the colour!




This 'collectors'/commemorative plate caught my attention because of the date....1974, a very good year for me!




It was made in Japan and is for 'show'/hanging only....no food allowed on this plate! Too much lead probably!




This tiny, little Santa (about one  and a quarter inches) is porcelain and just to cute to pass by.





And lastly is this dessert-server......my favourite of the bunch! Love the colouring and the 'Frosty' theme.





There! That should just about do it for Christmas for another year! Time to move ahead into a new decade and new adventures in 'thrifting'.


All the best to everyone and a very Happy New Year to all of you. Here's to 2011!!!!





16 comments:

  1. Oh a retro post...joy! What great fun those pieces are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I love Hollie Hobbie, I have to say that the dessert-server is my favorite of your finds!

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goody, Retro Saturday!! I love the server! Have never seen any like it anywhere. I'm ready to put these holidays behind me and get on to thrifting, too. There are never any estate sales during the holidays!! But, oh the promise Spring holds for us thrifters.

    Happy New Year and as Kim would say....eat your black eyed peas. It's a southern tradition!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2011 to you!
    Love that dessert server. Verrrry Cool!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your treasures.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and may 2011 bring lots of fun collectibles your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little server! Wonder when it was made? I do love your retro Saturdays!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pretty cake server, but I love the Santa plate too. It's perfect for leaving cookies out for Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Christmas tree plate. Happy New Year, dear Jim.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  9. great finds!!! isnt it so much fun to go browsing? i love it too. i collect cute lil wooden boxes... i used to have a japanese one that had secret little nooks and crannies and doors and buttons to open into the secret compartments. i think i still have it somewhere but i miss it and wish i could find it.

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2011! Very neat plates you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, Jim, I love the cake server! those are fun items!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the little Santa best. A Very Happy New Year to you, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite is the Santa plate. Now that's what Santa's supposed to look like!! I love the server as well. Happy 2011 Jim, hope the new year brings good things your way.... give Sophie a hug for Gracie and me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon, no 'markings' on the server at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, I love your header! The ocean looks so beautiful and peaceful. I am lucky that I live just down the road from the water. It's always so calming.

    The first Santa plate is too cute. I would hang it on my wall come Christmas time. Thanks for the follow and good luck on the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails