Monday, May 11, 2015

Contemplative Monday


The following quote is from 'The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh' (click)
and published by 'Shambhala Pocket Classics'.

BLOCKS AND KNOTS

"To oppose, brush aside, or deny pain in our body or mind
only makes that feeling more intense.
Our painful feelings are not other than ourselves,
or to put it more precisely, they are a part of us.

To deny them is to deny our very selves.
The moment we accept these feelings,
we begin to feel more peaceful,
and the pain begins to lose some of its intensity.

To smile at our pain is the wisest, the most intelligent,
the most beautiful thing we can do.
There is no better way."






6 comments:

  1. Was happy in reading your quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise as always and love the tree photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words to start the week with. Happy Monday to you, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Than I will try it, thank you Jim, always...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tree is magnificent, Jim! I was a master at ignoring body signals and pain. Now I'm wiser and healthier. TNH is a thought-provker. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tree, Jim, it's absolutely beautiful!
    Pain is part of my life, I do not dwell on it, nothing will change it's presence.
    Of course, if I move wrong, my body tells me it is still there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails