Monday, November 25, 2013

Contemplative Monday


This passage is taken from: 'Heart Advice:Weekly Quotes From Pema Chodron'.

IT'S NOT AN ENDURANCE TRIAL


"We might also ask: 'Given my present situation, how long should I stay 
with my uncomfortable feelings?'


This is a good question, yet there is no right answer. 
We simply get accustomed to coming back to the present
just as it is for a second, for a minute, for an hour......
whatever is currently natural......
without its becoming an endurance trial.


 Just pausing for two to three breaths is a perfect way to stay present.


This is a good use of our life. Indeed, it is an excellent, joyful use of our life."




13 comments:

  1. Great food for thought this morning, Jim! Happy Monday, to you. Stay in the present :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To you too Martha! I'll do my best!

      Delete
  2. Excellent musings as always, good Monday to you Jim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mick. Have a great one too!! And a Happy Thanksmas to you!

      Delete
  3. Nice photos but I can't figure out what they're of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra. I was taking photos of an interesting sky with some blue poking through the clouds and there were these electrical/telephone wires in front. So I decided to 'use' them.

      Delete
  4. On your advice, I took three breaths just now, and felt renewed. Thanks, Jim. Your photos and thoughts inspire because they always seem to work together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carol, that would be on Ani Pema's advice and I second that motion!! lol
      We so often forget to take those little 'breathing sessions', don't we. They do help.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for another through provoking post, Jim. I must ask a favor of you: Will you please send me a birthday card to pass on to my (former) mother-in-law? I want to send her 80 cards from all over the world for her 80th birthday. I'm not getting as many volunteers as I thought I would. Details are in my blog post for today.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think too long about it Janie!! Kidding....
      So happy to make Margaret's birthday memorable! My pleasure.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails