Thursday, November 28, 2013

Colours .....Plus A Birthday


Well here it is almost the end of November and it really has been a typical one.


That is, Novembers in Nova Scotia are usually dark and dreary with lots of rain.


So this week I have been on a search for bright colours around the city.....


anything to brighten up things a little!


This row of very old houses in the city centre, have been turned into businesses.


They remind me of the houses we have seen in St.John's, Newfoundland.....
very bright and bold.


Of course, I have 'played' with these photos to really make them 'pop' and stand out.


I am sure my mother, who would have been 93 years old today
would have approved! Happy Birthday Mom!










15 comments:

  1. I hear you about the greyness of November! Love those charming wooden houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad Fiona that they are still here, as they are being surrounded by high-rises and office towers (Halifax style).

      Delete
  2. I love those houses that 'pop' with colour. We have a few around here in the older sections of town, and they add interest to the area. I hope your mom is celebrating in the place where she is resting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they Martha. I figured Kingston, being an old big town much like Halifax, would have a few of these old wooden brightly painted houses.
      You know Martha, I know my mother is resting now....a much deserved rest.

      Delete
  3. There was a couple of nice shots of Halifax on the news last night in an item about the stormy weather down east.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, it was WILD here last night! They (weather people) said that if this Nor'easter was snow, it would have been another 'White Juan'( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Juan) !! Phew, that was close!

      Delete
  4. I love the colorful row houses, nothing like that around here.
    My Mother would have been 97 on the 25th. Happy Birthday to them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same age as my Dad! Just got back from a visit with him....he is doing so well and is involved in everything.
      Yes, these row houses are bright alright.

      Delete
    2. Happy to hear your Dad is doing well!

      Delete
  5. I love these coloured buildings, a bit of colour on a gloomy day makes a big difference. Happy Birthday to your mum <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great, Hayley-Eszti! Glad you liked them.

      Delete
  6. Definitely, for sure your Mom would love these eye-popping colours!
    All the best today, Jim!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those buildings do add a cheery note to a gray day.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails