Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Garden Break


I had a few minutes for myself in the Halifax Public Gardens the other day.
It was a sunny day and a lot of activity in the pond that day.


Amazing what a difference a few days can make this time of year here in Nova Scotia.
Today any pond/puddle I saw at the park was frozen solid!


In any case, last week this Mallard couple was making the most of it and enjoying
any morsel they could get their beaks on.


I have been going to these gardens since I was a young child
and as always the 'main attraction' is the ducks.


They are busy creatures for sure....always scurrying around in search of food.


Natural food for these ducks will be at a premium this time of year
as everything freezes up and over.


Good thing the 'gardens staff' makes sure they are well-fed during the winter months.





Related Posts with Thumbnails