Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Garden Break


I had a few minutes for myself in the Halifax Public Gardens the other day.
It was a sunny day and a lot of activity in the pond that day.


Amazing what a difference a few days can make this time of year here in Nova Scotia.
Today any pond/puddle I saw at the park was frozen solid!


In any case, last week this Mallard couple was making the most of it and enjoying
any morsel they could get their beaks on.


I have been going to these gardens since I was a young child
and as always the 'main attraction' is the ducks.


They are busy creatures for sure....always scurrying around in search of food.


Natural food for these ducks will be at a premium this time of year
as everything freezes up and over.


Good thing the 'gardens staff' makes sure they are well-fed during the winter months.





10 comments:

  1. Cute little creatures.!!
    Tell me about everything frozen stiff...
    :D~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, Jim. Ducks always make for lovely photo subjects. The camera seems to like them. We have many water birds around here because of the lakes, ponds, rivers, etc, which I love because there's always something interesting to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do the ducks do when the ponds are all frozen? Do they hightail it to Texas?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always thought Mallard ducks were beautiful. Lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ripples and water-colours melting into each other, Jim. And, you may have guessed that ducks are always of great interest :) A day/hour/minute does make a huge difference sometimes, and none to realize that better, perhaps, than these lovely Mallards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These beautiful water photos make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, Jim, they warm my heart. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots. I love the rippling reflections here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love going to feed the ducks, and like you being around nature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shots, Jim. Your mentioning the frozen pond reminds me of my ducks (years ago) being frozen to the grey water from the kitchen drain... we had to thaw the ice to let them free. An experience...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails