Friday, November 8, 2013

Saturday Morning Post.....the early edition.


As we are settling into the 'fall season' here in Nova Scotia
there remains lots of things to photograph......


As far as the eye can see...


Winter, spring, summer, fall this trail always has something special to offer.


Last week we had a wind storm blow through.


Remember I told you about a 'business venture' possibility, well that is on hold for now.


Waiting for the light to change, I saw all this colour in front of me!


Very pretty coloured lichen and some fungus on a tree stump.


I really liked how this tree and large rock blended.


Almost walked on this little mushroom.


'What, Jim? I'm busy."


Buildings and clouds.


A statue of Joseph Howe who is one of Nova Scotia's greatest
 and best-loved politicians.


I like this old building in downtown Halifax.


Again waiting at the lights and admiring that very dark sky.






18 comments:

  1. The picture of the mushroom is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost missed it, Jen! It was hidden behind a log.

      Delete
  2. I love the mix of urban and nature pics.
    Well done!!
    While I pride myself for being a Montrealer,
    buy the looks of it,
    I think I might like your neck of the woods too.
    Got a nice feel to it.
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Not too big, not too small, and not the size of Montreal'! We used to say this as kids, Bruno. Yes we did!
      I think you'd like it here but then again, being a 'big city' guy and all, you would miss all the things/distractions your city has to offer.

      Delete
  3. I love all your photos they are precious to me next life, I'll ask for a place near the ocean lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Nova Scotia is almost surrounded by water (a peninsula you know), the ocean is never too far away for anybody living here. Happy you liked the photos Lorraine.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic photos, Jim! I especially love the autumn shots with those nice trails. And that photo of Sophie making that funny face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. Sophie hates to be bothered with posing when she is on to something!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shots. I like the sky in the first and last shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. The skies have been great this week.

      Delete
  6. Hi Y'all!

    It's Sophie's friend Hawk! Love the pictures of, well, just everything! 'course, since it's me, I'm partial to Sophie's picture! BOL!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hawk! Good to see you. Sophie says...'Why thank ya, fella!' Seriously, she did!!

      Delete
  7. A beautiful series of photos, Jim, thank you so much for sharing this journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Linda. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  8. I love this collection especially the nature ones-my favorite was the rock and tree-looks like a painting almost.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails