Monday, February 4, 2013

Contemplative Monday



The following quote is from: 'Heart Advice, Weekly Quotes From Pema Chodron'.

TRANSITIONAL BEINGS


"In a book I read recently, the author talked about humans
as transitional beings.......


beings that are neither fully caught or fully free 
but are in the process of awakening.


I find it helpful to think of myself this way.


I'm in the process of becoming, in the process of evolving.


I'm neither doomed nor completely free, 
but I'm creating my future with every word,
every action, every thought.


I find myself in a very dynamic situation with unimaginable potential.


I have all the support I need to simply relax and be with the transitional, 


in-process quality of my life.


I have all I need in the process of awakening."




10 comments:

  1. Pearls of wisdom with beautiful photos for this morning, Jim. I think we are constantly growing, evolving...a good thing. Have a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday Jim beautiful blog-as always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unimaginable potential. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jim,
    Nice concept and thought process, I shall mull this over (as always!). Pictures are beautiful and have great movement in them... Thanks!
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your waves against the cliff go so well with this writing on transition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jim! This quote speaks to the heart of why I'm not afraid to be growing older. I do see life as a process of awakening and becoming, and I hope to be doing this all of my life. In fact, it is my profound hope that this evolution continues after death in this life. Your wave shots are beautiful. Waves are so pesky when you are trying to catch them with your lens! Kuddos to you for great action shots! Have a good Monday - oh, wait, Monday is no longer such a challenge when you are retired! You actually have time to contemplate your navel once and a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely way of thinking of ourselves. And some great shots of the waves too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails