Thursday, January 21, 2016

Knit-Picking


Just completed my first 'winter project' yesterday.
This scarf was a good warm-up of sorts to get back in knitting.

It was done in a 'basket-weave' pattern with two different yarns
that were knitted at the same together.


So, feeling all warmed up now,
 I plan on taking on something more challenging.

A blogger friend, Vicki, sent us a pattern for a 'cable afghan'.
It is made up of 20 or so large squares each with a different cable pattern.
THAT ought to do it for me!!

I am fortunate to have Ron nearby to help me out.
He can figure anything out!!

Now to get some yarn together......

I will keep you posted.



10 comments:

  1. Love your scarf-the pattern and colors are wonderful--have fun with the afghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice scarf, Jim. And I love the image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very soft and was a good 'warm-up' to get me goin!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful scarf! And have fun with the afghan -- the pattern sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out nicer than I thought, Debra.
      Can't wait to get going on the cable afghan.

      Delete
  4. That will keep you warm for sure! Great job, Jim. I'm working on a scarf too, crotcheing one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to learn to crotchet, Inger.

      Delete
  5. I like the pattern, it gives the scarf a soft texture or I can imagine. And the color combo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails