Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Putting Down Roots


When I see a tree I see stability, strength, endurance and contentment.

Trees have gotten my attention since Ron made me lie down and look up under one
back in the summer of 1973, 
much like this one below as far as size goes.
If I remember correctly it was an Elm tree back then.

I have never looked at a tree the same way since.


This is a Pine tree I saw at the park yesterday morning.
I got as close as possible to it and looked up.


These are the roots of a much smaller Pine also in the park.
I look at these as the tree's means of survival.
Now if this much smaller tree has this many roots......
I can only imagine the network of roots the one above has.

'Putting down roots' can be a good thing, don't you think?
Thanks Barb B.



Related Posts with Thumbnails