Monday, September 1, 2014

Contemplative Monday


The following quote has been taken from 'Heart Advice, Weekly Quotes from Pema Chodron'.

STEADFASTNESS


"We're encouraged to meditate every day, even for a short time,
in order to cultivate steadfastness with ourselves.


We sit under all kinds of circumstances----whether we are feeling healthy or sick,
whether we're in a good mood or depressed, whether we feel our meditation
is going well or is completely falling apart.


As we continue to sit we see that mediation isn't about getting it right
or attaining some ideal state.


It's about being able to stay present with ourselves.


It becomes increasingly clear that we won't be free of our destructive patterns


unless we develop a compassionate understanding of what they are."






15 comments:

  1. oh Jim this is fabulous and exactly what I need right now, thank you for showing those great quotes, that makes life better....ps i am mostly on google however, I did open a blog I just don't know how long google will accept it but here it is if you want to check it out: http://woahtherecowboy.blogspot.ca/ I have to tell you that not being able to go on my laptop and visit my friends gave me a new perspective on how much I care for all my friends, and how it hurts not to be able to visit.....oh and and inside: wow on the header lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been difficult, Lorraine. But you are back and I see everyone is happy are!
      I am happy this quote helps you....I find Pema to do the same for me.

      Delete
  2. You don't have to visit if you don't have the time, I'm just happy to visit you, i'll have to go back to see what's new at the store,....that reminds me do you deliver? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post to welcome Monday ...
    Made me feel a deep sense of calm ... thank you, Jim
    And I love the photos ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Margie, I always feel the same way when I read something by Pema Chodron. She has this way of calmly saying what she wants to say in a non-invasive manner.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That would be the water in the canal reflecting all the grass along the slope, Debra.

      Delete
  5. Good stuff this morning, Jim! Happy Monday, and happy September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha! I see you had a very busy few days.....time to rest up!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. This grass was along the canal on Saturday.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. That background really sets the grasses off. Very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That vibrant pale grass against the deep green was so compelling that I could hardly focus on Pema's words. Every time I tried meditating when I was teaching, I would fall asleep. Now I struggle because I'm doing other things I don't want to stop. Maybe one of these days I'll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - your photos are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails