Thursday, September 11, 2014

Why Me, Lord?



So, on Tuesday evening past, we decided to find the Super Moon once again
except this time at a different beach further along the shore to the east.

We ended up at Grand Desert Beach. The sun was starting to set
and the moon was supposed to begin to rise in the opposite direction.

It was relatively mild outside with hardly a breeze.
(Oh, I forgot to mention that there were a few boggy/wet areas near here too.)

So out we jumped from the car and began clicking away in both directions,
waiting for the moon to poke above the horizon.

Ouch! I said. I was being bitten alive by a number of pesky mosquitoes!
And only me too! They don't care for Ron for some reason!! lol

So inside the car I went along with Sophie
and I made do with what I could see from there.


From the driver's side-view mirror I could see the sunset.


From the driver's side back window a larger view.


From the front I kept an eye on where we thought the moon would rise.


Then back to the side window.


And one of Ron out the passenger side AND not a mosquito in sight!!


Sophie in the backseat kept her eyes on him as well. The mosquitoes like her too.


A couple more shots through the rear-view.....



And there was Ron, with his hat off no less, taking tons of photos in both directions
with not an insect in sight.

Oh, by the way, the moon never appeared....it stayed behind a cloud bank.




19 comments:

  1. Disappointing that the moon didn't show, but a beautiful sky all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No moon, too many mossies, and a HUGE apology, Tree rings, the oldest are nearest the centre, of course they are, and the trunk grows outwards. I think I muddled up earlier and latest, Your photos tonight are super as always, silbhouette in a rear vision mirror, Wow!!! Take care, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apology necessary, Jean. Now I can go back to my original thinking.
      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. Who needs a moon when you've got Ron, Sophie, and side-view mirrors!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True enough Mitchell! And besides we saw that beautiful moon the night before....don't want to be greedy!!

      Delete
  4. gorgeous photos Jim-and I get bitten alive too-no fun at all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron is immune to skeeters? He needs to be probed STAT by scientists to discover why!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shots! But shame about those mosquitos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's called karma, Jim! I seem to recall you saying that I was such a "city-girl" when I groused about mosquitoes dive bombing me! LOL! I do envy Ron, though, because all kinds of flying biting things love me. I'd have been in the car with you. I heard "Psycho" movie sounds when I read Pema Chadron's "striving for perfection" words ~ Yikes, I think she was seeing moi! I'm not having much luck beating that one back! By the way, I always knew Ron could do amazing things, so him holding up a super moon doesn't surprise me! I would like to snag one of your super moon shots (0317) and park it on my desktop so I can look at it and relax (If I may) ~ We didn't see any of the super moons here because of cloud cover. I'm headed out into the FOG for an appointment. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I must be 'a city girl' too, Louise!! lol
      You may 'park' any photo you wish for the desktop, Louise....my pleasure.
      and remember, Pema is only trying to help us out here.....BUT she SEES YOU LOUISE!! lol

      Delete
  8. Same thing happened here, clouds... and I was ready... oh, comes up a little later - I think - every day, that's why some times we see it during the day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your clouds... mindful of opal, pretty.

      Delete
  9. Mosquitoes think I am a tasty morsel. Your photos are beautiful even if you did have to take them from the car.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie, what is it we both have that attracts these pests?! Musty be our beaming personalities!! lol

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful sky!
    I hate Mosquitos! They give me welts! We've never had them at the ranch until this year, but it was a wet year for us, and they found us. We are going to have a hard freeze tonight, so that should take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, Terry, on both counts!.....no mosquitoes till this year AND a good freeze tonight! We are waiting for our first frost but that won't be till October some time.

      Delete
  11. My husband is a mosquito magnet too. These are gorgeous shots, Jim.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails