Monday, May 12, 2014

Contemplative Monday


The following quote is from 'Heart Advice, Weekly Quotes from Pema Chodron'.

BRING LIGHTNESS


"It's easy to become deadly serious about freeing ourselves from suffering.


People need help now, and we have to get ourselves in shape fast!


But in the so-called war against the kleshas (difficult emotions), 
heavy-handedness is just another ego trip.


Instead of struggling, Shantideva suggests bringing some lightness into the equation.


Like children at play, like a hot elephant diving into a lake, like a joyful horse,


or a breeze of delight------bring enthusiasm to the task."




19 comments:

  1. I think this is some very good advice : ). Bringing light is always better! : ) Happy Monday to 2 of my favorite people. And 1 of my favorite dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all enjoy some 'light' on a daily basis! Good to see you Becky!

      Delete
  2. What lovely words and very peaceful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I get this one, but it's early yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just stare at the photos, Sharon until your lids open!! lol

      Delete
  4. Beautiful and serine. I must say I like the new look on the blog too!
    Looking forward to tomorrow! :D

    x Hayley-Eszti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like a joyful horse! Love that.
    What kind of birds are those? Maybe cormorants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you would recognize a joyful horse, Terry!
      Those are cormorants.

      Delete
  6. I love the color of the sky in your photos. I'm thinking of that hot elephant diving into a pond ~ what a great image for lightness and enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it Louise! I can see their relief!!

      Delete
  7. Love the minimalism of these photos. They seem to go well with the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pat. I was looking for 'simple' and took these a few days ago.

      Delete
  8. Good lesson to start the week with, and wonderful minimalistic shots, Jim. I'd love to be able to fly like these birds. Wouldn't that be something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha.
      Sure would be great to do what they do!! Maybe in our next lives....

      Delete
  9. I needed this. Thank you.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails