Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Knock Knock.....


Ron, Sophie and I were invited to my brother Dennis' house
on Easter Sunday in Halifax.


We arrived by 3 P.M. and Dennis came to the door all smiles!


He must have seen the camera! 
Dennis is two years younger than I am
and teaches law and political science in high school.


In fact we taught at the same high school before I retired. He has a very
good reputation and the students really like his classes.


He has guest speakers in his law class ranging from lawyers, judges
and convicted criminals who have served their time.


Dennis really likes teaching and he also likes to cook, which is partly why
we were there!!


Dennis' son Jacob, on the right, and his friend James were also there. 
They were on Easter break from Acadia University in Wolfville,
Nova Scotia....Ron's hometown and Alma Mater.


James is from Bermuda and said that he has been freezing here 
since he arrived in September!
He heads home in a couple of weeks.


Meanwhile, Dennis is busy in the kitchen as Ron supervises.


And Sophie enjoys the company of the guys.


Den is always adventurous in the kitchen...as was our mother.


Ron and he appear to be discussing something of importance!


As James and Jacob wait patiently to be fed.


It was very 'spring-like' on Sunday as can be seen from the sun-filled windows.


This was my contribution to the 'cause'.....a walnut/apple/feta salad.


Dennis made a broccoli dish....


a chicken with blueberry dish.....and to surprise Jacob grilled lamb chops
which Dennis pulled out at the last minute! Jacob was happy as lamb is his favourite.


with veggies, and lentil soup to start.


In the background Diana Kroll could be heard and seen.....


 As we all began to sit down for a very delicious meal, I couldn't be more thankful to be
spending time with my brother and his son.



22 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time was had by all! There's nothing like getting together with loved ones to truly enjoy special occasions. Everything looks so delicious. I wouldn't know where to start. I laughed out loud with what you wrote about James freezing since he got here in September. Poor kid... I've been here my whole life and I shiver all winter long, so I don't know how he's managing...LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You had us laughing here!! Hope you have stopped shivering! Oh yes, Ron was in the garden this morning cleaning things up!! I bet you are too! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. what a delicious looking dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it was, Tony. Also good to spend some time with my brother and nephew.

      Delete
  3. I love family stories-thanks for sharing-I agree dinner looks delcious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dennis probably smiled because he saw Sophie. I know I would smile at her. I'm not a people person. I'm a dog person.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Janie, Sophie makes a lot of people smile alright. I know a few people like yourself....

      Delete
  5. Uncle Dennis serves a good meal, take it from me because the morsels kept dropping down onto the floor!!!!

    wink wink!

    Sophie here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we know who dropped those morsels don't we Soph!!lol

      Delete
  6. Good company and good food - sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Barb. Hope this finds you well. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. What a nice post. I'll bet dinner was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, you have won that bet! The dessert was this chocolate concoction all rolled up in the little cake with a creamy filling!! YUM! Thanks for stopping by and have a good week Pat.

      Delete
  8. What a perfect way to spend Easter.
    Your brother's law class sounds so interesting. Lucky students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good to spend some time with Dennis and his family. Yes Terry I am sure those students leave his class with permanent memories.

      Delete
  9. Nice portrait of your brother, his son, son's friend, and Ron. Kind of made feel a touch of homesickness for the large family I have in Mb. Well done Jim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brian! What the heck! How's the BEST 'best man' doing?
      I bet you do feel a little stranded here in the Maritimes during holidays, as your family is so far away.
      It was a good visit with Dennis and son. Thanks.

      Delete
  10. When I saw Ron in his sandals I thought spring must have finally sprung for you guys! What a great get-together you all had... And the food!! That broccoli dish looks so good. Everything looks good! Gary and I love Diana Kroll.. I like all the plants throughout the house. (I wish I didn't kill plants). Happy Birthday Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobbi! It was a warm day and Ron said 'what the heck'!
      Isn't Diana Kroll great? We saw her in concert here a few years ago ...she is so easy going.
      Hey if Dennis can keep plants alive Bobbi, there is HOPE FOR YOU!! lol
      I will pass on the birthday wishes to him and you will be the first!! As his birthday is in December!!! He will be thrilled!~lol

      Delete
  11. Hello Jim,
    Yum! Looks like a great Easter feast, what a lovely way to spend the day! I can see the family resemblance and you both have the smiley gene!
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jim - the food looks delicious, I'm liking your salad very much. That Sophie is rather like Boris in that any food, any time will do!
    I'm pleased that you had a good day. I added you to my blog list... I'm glad that Ron linked to you as I'd forgotten your blog address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Craig! Good to see you here. I get daily reports of CC&B from Sophie/Ron!!
      We had a great day at my brother's. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails