Monday, April 8, 2013

Contemplative Monday


The following quote is taken from: 'Heart Advice, Weekly Quotes From Pema Chodron'.

THE PATH IS CURIOSITY


"The path of meditation and the path of our lives 
altogether has to do with curiosity, inquisitiveness.


The ground is ourselves; we're here to study ourselves
and to get to know ourselves now, not later.


People often say to me, "I want to come and have an interview with you, 
I want to write you a letter, I want to call you on the phone,
but I wanted to wait until I was more together."


And I think, "Well, if you're anything like me, you could wait forever!"


So come as you are.


The magic is being willing to open to that, being willing to be fully awake to that.


One of the main discoveries of meditation
 is seeing how we continually run away from the present moment,
how we avoid being here just as we are.


That is not considered to be a problem; the point is to see it."




*** Thanks to Ron for these photos he took yesterday 
as I was driving across the MacDonald Bridge to Dartmouth.



15 comments:

  1. Come as you are. We do really avoid the now don't we.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do! I am learning, very gradually mind you, that it's not a bad place at all to be.....very relaxing when 'things' are well, and very unsettling when things are not but manageable.
      So Chania, maybe a 'come as you are' party is due for us all!! lol

      Delete
  2. Come as you are! The best way to be. Lovely images with a beautiful blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What better way to learn to deal with life's 'good and bad'.
      Isn't that blue incredible Martha. Ron said he had the camera set on 'sunset' mode which I guess makes certain colours pop.

      Delete
  3. I feel the photos illustrate what goes on in our minds. The bridge is such a creative choice for this illustration. I can't find the right words here, but I can relate to this and that's the most important. Does Pema Chodron know about your Mondays? I wish she would see this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inger. I think most of us can relate to this one. Good that you could. Originally when I started to post these Monday Pema posts, I contacted her office and told them what I had planned. They were fine with it. I doubt very much if she is aware of these but I think she would be pleased...especially with people commenting about their experience with the passages/lessons.

      Delete
  4. I really loved this post thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I am really glad you liked this one. I find Pema Chodron so 'easy to get along with'...she is human like the rest of us.

      Delete
  5. Thanks to Ron - great shots!

    I live in the now, waiting is not always an option. Every minute counts (unless I'm sleeping)

    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did a great job!
      Sharon, I know you do not take take anything for granted and take each moment as it comes.

      Delete
  6. I like the way you shifted focus on the bridge, Jim - kind of imitates life, sometimes this direction, other times that direction! Come as you are - I like that advise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barb, we all have our 'tipsy-turvy' moments in life. It is good advice to just recognize we can be this way.

      Delete
  7. Love those photos - the rivets, the cables. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry! It is a cool bridge. I remember when it was first built and my sister and I walked across it.....I was so nervous!!lol

      Delete
  8. I'm feeling a little woozy after the trippy bridge ~ even if the photos are beautiful! I'd definitely have to come as I am, because I'm beginning to fear that I'll never have it together!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails