Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away Come Again in Around May



                 Photos taken a few days ago....before all the rain!


Last evening another Nor'easter was heading our way. This would make it the third in as many weeks.




Luckily, I guess, each has been a 'rain event' and very windy. The temperature is about 5 degrees Celsius.




Just got back from 'town'......needed to pick up a few things for the next couple of days. We will be having the 'whole' family together at Dad's on the 24th.....30 plus people. We each bring something to eat and this year I am baking two (2) cakes.....a chocolate cake and a carrot cake.




I got the carrot cake recipe from David Lebovitz's blog. I can't go on enough about his blog, so I won't. Check it out though if you get a chance.




The chocolate cake recipe I got off the internet. It had rave reviews from a ton of people so I will try it out. I was looking for some really good dark chocolate truffles earlier but will have to get them in the city.....nothing suitable out our way.




While I was out this A.M. it was getting closer to lunch time. So I decided to get 'take-out' at this new Thai place. We have been there a couple of times and REALLY like it. It's not that far from here.......10 kms (meaning not in the city).





So I surprised Ron, and Sophie, with Thai Cashew Chicken, fresh Spring Rolls (uncooked) and Jasmine Rice. It was great.





Here's hoping you are all having a great week and are looking forward to a 'relaxing'(?) holiday.


Oh yes! Happy Winter Solstice everyone! Just think....each day will have more 'daylight' time from now on...can't beat that!











13 comments:

  1. The Thai surprise was very welcomed...after spending the morning trying to hook up the new laptop with the wireless...only took 2+ hours today and yesterday..heh heh...just a wee bit slow and technically challenged sometimes.Sophie's other POP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Solstice blessings to you, Ron and Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate cake, eh? What time should we be there?

    Happy Winter Solstice yourself!! Thanks for the reminder, I feel better already. bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. With three "Noreasters in a row, it's probably a very good thing that they're rainstorms. Otherwise, you would be pretty much snowed in for Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing what your Deep Winters are like in Nova Scotia. I'm picturing lots of snow, but, I may be very mistaken, judging by what you've seen so far this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Winter Solstice!!! (Now I can officially long for Spring!)

    Our weather is still playing jumping jack, is 61F right now, Unreal. Of course, another cold front will come in and ruin the whole thing.

    I believe I get my best recipes out my old "Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book" that my sister gave me many, many years ago. At least it's my taste, we don't all like the same food the same way, and I do not care for the "best ever" anything on the web.

    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did somebody say carrot cake? I'll be right over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jim! I 'think' I have my blogging issues behind me, so I've enjoyed sitting this evening and catching up on your blog and admiring your great pictures! We've no snow here in Virginia, but they are saying maybe some on Christmas day--We'll see! You'll have to let us know how your cakes turn out. I LOVE making cakes from scratch--I'm terrible at decorating them, but I think their flavor more than makes up for it!

    I do hope you have a wonderful and enjoyable holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 30 plus people. Holy wow! I know you will rock it right out of the park like always : )

    Wishing you the merriest of holidays Jim.
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the snow pics~ did you see the eclipse? It was pretty cloudy here but once in awhile we could get a short glimpse. Pretty spectacular.

    Chocolate cake...yum, good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy winter indeed, Jim! Look at your pretty photos of the snow. Kind of refreshing! The day before winter, our temperature here in Oklahoma was 77*F and today, the first day of winter, it was barely 50 with a cold north wind. Did you catch the eclipse of the moon?

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love carrot cake! I hope all 3 of you have the most wonderful Christmas...lots of love.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its our summer solstice here, the longest day of the year at 14 hours, 25 minutes and one second was the 21st December.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails