Saturday, December 18, 2010

Retro Saturday





The past two weeks I have found a few things that caught my attention at two local 'thrift' shops.




Florals seemed to be a theme as can be seen in the first two pics: a pretty little Bavarian plate.




This very little fella (about 3 inches tall) is made by Blue Mountain Pottery in Ontario, Canada. I have been seeing pieces by them frequently lately.




Made by the same company as Mr.Owl above, I had seen these mugs for a while now at one shop and thought it was time for them to 'come home' to papa!




What did I tell you, another floral pattern, this time on a Sadler tea pot.




It is in perfect condition and looks brand new.





I NEVER pass up a Pyrex piece and this coffee carafe is proof ! It originally came with a 'candle warmer' and was made in the 1950's. It is SO that era! This too was in really good shape. I've already 'posted' this on the Pyrex Collective blog....check it out here.



I am a sucker for some S & P's......like these guys!




Their noses need a 'touch up' but other than that......they are in good shape. They were made in Japan and distributed in Montreal.




The above 'juice glass' was just sitting there and wanted to be part of the ever-increasing collection in the kitchen. Love the bright, floral pattern!




This last floral piece, I promise, is VERY attached to its 'serving stand'. I wouldn't want to try to separate them.......what a way to damage the plate. It was made in Japan.




Since next Saturday is Christmas I will not be posting a Retro Saturday blog. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season.





13 comments:

  1. Love the last photo of your hand waving through the pyrex carafe! I remember seeing those carafes when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I am a sucker for plates and tea pots! Lovely! To bad that plate hanger is so attached, why do people DO these things? If I wasn't trying to down size, I would barter you on that owl - it's just too great for words!

    You did some fine shopping lately!

    I doubt many will be on the blogs Christmas, or maybe not even Christmas Eve... I will probably be on and off, nothing else to do besides clean and let the dogs in and out. LOL! DH will be home though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those mugs! I can just imagine drinking a nice hot cuppa out of one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the teapot, and I don't even drink tea!!! But I suppose I could pour some white wine from the spout and pretend, LOL.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds, jim. My fave> The S & P and the colorful juice glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some lovely stuff there Jim. You obviously have great taste.

    I just have one question about the salt and pepper pot - in the picture it looks like they are attached to each other. Does that mean you have to have both salt and pepper on your dinner when you use them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie, actually they do lift off and can be used separately. I had another pic but it wouldn't 'upload' for me. Funny though if you couldn't use separately eh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lazy me is so happy that I can browse your retro Saturdays and it's just like or better even than going to my local thrift shop. But you have inspired me, there is one in town, I haven't been to yet. Maybe I will go soon. Merry Christmas to you and yours too.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would kill for those mugs ! what a great find ! have a very happy christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore that Blue Mountain Pottery owl and mugs! But everything you've shown here today is lovely. Why do I see a pheasant's head when I look at the Pyrex carafe? Silly me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the owl & mugs, though everything is wonderful. xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and I have very similar taste in kitchen ware. Except for the salt and pepper shakers, I absolutely love everything here! (S&P shakers aren't my thing, really.)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails