Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday's Selection







We were watching a Christmas special the other night and the featured artists were the Canadian Tenors.




They each have very distinct voice styles and were able to 'show' this with a number of selections.




One of them was Hallelujah. I don't know if you are aware of it or not but Leonard Cohen, a Canadian, wrote this back in 1984.




Jeff Buckley and a number of other artists have recorded it as well. One that stands out for me is the one by K.D.Lang, by golly another Canadian!


                    All photos in this post were taken on Friday during our first snowfall.


Take the time to sit back, relax and enjoy the Canadian Tenor's version below.....you deserve it, especially that this is the 'countdown' week before the holidays!!!




Hope you all have a great day.....and week.


                   Hey Sharon! This owl is 'hootin' for you!

14 comments:

  1. Good Sunday Jim!

    Oh, I do love the owl! It's perfect! All the pictures are very good, like the bird house, cool!

    I will try to come back this evening and listen to the music, yesterday I watched a video and Hughes slowed me way down and I battled with getting things to load all day. So best to watch it before I go to bed :-)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice selection Jim.
    I love the snow pics. But where's the snowman?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And, your snow pictures are stunning. Your pictures always have such clarity, and such detail. I am always eager to get here and see what beauty you have found this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are wonderful, so professional looking they should be in a calendar or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post...the beautiful music and snow photos. I always find peace here.
    Thank you,
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the great songs of the 20th century. I hadn't heard it performed by an ensemble before -- nice! My favourite version is still k.d. lang's, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, the images and music were perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos! I've never heard of the Canadian Tenor's... but I am now a huge fan. How beautiful!! I could listen to them all day... Thanks for sharing, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the second guy on the right is a cute as a button

    ReplyDelete
  10. John is such an old slag! I adore that song!! Great photographs...xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this. It's beautiful, as are your photos. I'd only heard Leonard Cohen's version before, and I love Leonard Cohen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb photos Jim. We are lucky enough to have our own Three Tenors who peform in our village regularly

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh jim, this song is one of my faves and i have listened to this version as well as kd land, bon jovi, jeff buckly and they are all good and made me cry. thank you for sharing this. it is beautiful as are your pictures.. the snow looks so light and fluffy i can almost see the individual flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful song. And beautiful pictures of snow. We haven't had any snow of note yet this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails