Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday Morning Post


Sights of summer along Nova Scotia's coast......


Sophie is back to herself again after a couple of very uncomfortable months.


Grass and wild flowers on MacDonald Hill in Lawrencetown.


A spectacular sky to frame Ron and Sophie.


A 'beach rose'.


Remnants of a pier in the Northwest Arm, Halifax.


Watching the sun set.


A foggy morning in the dunes at the beach.


Wild flowers at the park in Halifax.


Summer is afoot!



'I come in peace'.


A frog in the pond at the park.


A man with his toy on MacDonald Hill.
Could that plane fly!


Looking towards West Lawrencetown in the evening.


Different shades of dune grasses at the beach.


Got this 1930's 'cargo suitcase/mini-trunk' while thrifting this week.
Amy, my colleague at the shoppe snapped it up with a flash!
She plans to use it for her $2 trunk filled with really good deals
of vintage clothing and shoes. All proceeds go to an animal charity.


Um.......Sophie?.......


This is Barb on the left and Louise on the right. They are sisters.
Louise, from 'Standing Into Danger' fame on blogger,
went to school with Ron back in grade 8!
After 50 years they met again at our place on the weekend.
Great to meet them both!


Ron photographing a 'shore plant' which apparently grows out of rocks!


This fellow never did 'take off' while we were on the hill one evening this week.
He must have been waiting for the proper lift-off winds.


Probably Halifax's oldest and most famous diner....The Chickenburger.....in Bedford.


Guests, Barb and Louise, getting the tour down at the beach.


Until next Saturday....see you later.....I'm outta here!





15 comments:

  1. What a great collection, and my favourite, the sand dune coloured grasses, Sophie, doing so well, swimming maybe soon? Cheers to all, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos…you make me want to visit Nova Scotia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos! sure makes me miss nova scotia. i just made maritime bread again yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim that picture of the spectacular sky is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW on well, every photo, I'm so glad that Sophie is back to being herself in full health, the photos are gorgeous and your Ron is so handsome, I loved all the photos, is that man going to fly so much beauty where you are, it's a pleasure visiting you.. Oh ps outside of Jadite, I found out that believe it or not: the in for collectibles are Old Denim, Vintage Menus...tupperware? really didn't that just happen printed hankies and mother goose rhymes...and of course Betty Boop, I have about 30 tiny little Betty Boops in Metal????
    anyhoo, I love what you post everyday, and I fell your joy at your new store and I'm so happy for you 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer looks fabulous in your part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful Sophie is back to her old self. You had a really fun and beautiful week. Sending love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, some spectacular shots this morning, Jim! I like so many of your images that I can't quite pick a favourite. But I must say that I LOVE the 'foggy morning in the dunes at the beach' photo. Incredible capture! The diner and the trunk also caught my eye. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jim!!

    Boy, have I missed you!! I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things around the Blogosphere again.

    Spectacular photos, as always!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa!!!
      How the heck are you?!
      Good to see you!

      Delete
  10. Perfect summer days. These are all great shots, but I was particularly struck by the seventh one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so very glad that our Sophie Girl is feeling groovy! Love all the photos, and I'm amazed at the beautiful flowers in your park.
    How nice to get together with Louise and Barb. Looks like everybody had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos, if I could follow you via email I would be here at most posts but I can't so I won't

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails