Thursday, June 13, 2013

One Crow, Two Crows.......


Ever hear the 'counting crows' rhyme?

Whenever I see a crow or a 'murder' of them I think of this rhyme.
This is how it goes:


One crow sorrow,


Two crows joy,


Three crows a letter,

Four crows a boy,

Five crows for silver,

Six crows for gold,

Seven crows for a secret never to be told.

Eight crows for a wish,

Nine crows for a kiss,

And ten crows for a time of joyous bliss.


So according to this poem I will be receiving a letter soon.

I guess whatever number of crows you see in total 
that is what you use to 'see your present or near future'.

Sometimes it is a bit unnerving how accurate this can be.

The morning Ron's mother died I looked out her dining room window
and saw a solitary crow sitting on a tree branch.....not another in sight.

Do you have a version of this? 
I know they can vary from place to place.









Related Posts with Thumbnails