Monday, October 15, 2012

Contemplative Monday


WHO'S ON YOUR LIST?
.....taken from 'Heart Advice: Weekly Quotes from Pema Chodron (click)


"Boss, coworker, spouse, roommate, mother, father, child------


who are the people you really dislike and wish would simply go away?


Be grateful to them: they're your own special gurus showing up right on time to keep you honest.


It's the troublemakers in your life who cause you to see that you've shut down,


that you've armored yourself, that you've hidden your head in the sand.


If you didn't get angry at them, if you didn't get fed up with them,


you would never be able to cultivate patience.


If you didn't envy them, if you weren't jealous of them,


you would never think to stretch beyond your meanspiritedness


and try to rejoice in their good fortune. 


If you never met your match, 


you might think you were better than everybody else


and arrogantly criticize their neurotic behavior


rather than do something about your own."







15 comments:

  1. Wow, great lesson this morning, Jim. And I can certainly understand all this. I can think of a few people that have helped me gain some good qualities, and some wisdom, despite the fact that they annoy me to no end :) Everyone has something to contribute in our lives, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct Martha....everybody!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well I should hope so! Being human is such fun! Don't you think, Debra?! lol

      Delete
  3. Beautiful images and wise words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. I never tire of either.

      Delete
  4. Appeasing images and I am so, so trying with the lessons here - guess I will have to give up that voodoo doll (only joking but I was nearly tempted earlier this year - LOL!) Thank you. Hope you are all well.
    I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found that this takes lots of daily practice!! Two steps forward, one step back.....we all learn from everything we do and say.
      Thanks Ivan, I find these reflections so relaxing....I could sit there for hours.....hm-m-m-m.

      Delete
  5. Good Morning, Jim!

    It's Monday, I didn't get near enough sleep and it's garbage day. Amazing as it may seem (hold on to your hat) I understand what is being said for a change! May be a good day to buy a lottery ticket!

    Everybody has one, in other words.
    LOL! I'm probably one of yours! :-) Think I am teaching you tolerance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Yah forgot to tell you how lovely the reflections are. Fabulous!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sharon! I have lots of tolerance....learned it at a very young age....had to! You're a 'piece of cake'!! lol

      Delete
  6. Ooo, more Monets! So pretty.
    Me? Guilty of the "shut down" part, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I can't get enough of these, I'm afraid!
      Oh yes, the ole 'shut down'!!! Guilty also, your honour!

      Delete
  7. First, I have to comment on those incredible hues.. they absolutely jumped off the page and into my day. The lessons were good too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! You would absolutely love this place to photograph. I am stopped in my tracks every time we go any time of the year.

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails