Monday, October 22, 2012

Contemplative Monday


THREE-STEP PRACTICE

...taken from Heart Advice, Weekly Quotes From Pema Chodron
(this excerpt from her book (click) 'Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change)


"First, come into the present. 
Flash on what's happening with you right now.


Be fully aware of your body, it's energetic quality.
Be aware of your thoughts and emotions.


Next, feel your heart, literally placing your hand on your chest
if you find that helpful.


This is a way of accepting yourself just as you are at that
moment, a way of saying,


"This is my experience right now, and it's okay."


Then go into the next moment without any agenda.


This practice can open us to others at times when we tend to close down.


It gives us a way to be awake rather than asleep,


a way to look outward rather than withdraw."




14 comments:

  1. Hi Jim,
    Roots of life! Thank you - I shall reflect...
    Interesting photos.
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While you are reflecting Ivan, I will check out what's cookin' in Normandy today!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and words. they sre just right for me at this moment.Love the leaves, is this in your own garden path? Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how we can apply these 'lessons' to our lives.
      This is a path at the park in Halifax which we frequent.....and leads to this natural small pool of water where dogs drink and people congregate.

      Delete
  3. What a difference in colour quality from the first photo to the second. The colour just POPS in the second and subsequent photos. Do you get that effect with a filter or settings or is it done in the editing process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first photo Debra was taken with different 'settings' and obviously not the correct ones....so the second one onwards the setting is more what I wanted. It's all about what effect you want and how much light to 'allow' in.

      Delete
    2. I like the dark one, it reminds me of yesterday. I think it's good to go to a dark place once in a while, to really appreciate the light. Beautiful photos, Jim - every one!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was magical walking along this path at the park.

      Delete
  5. I just followed the instructions. THANK YOU!!!

    And to think when I read the title I thought it was going to be about country-western dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple, eh?! But it works when you give it the time. Thanks Pema!

      You mean a type of 'line-dance' Mitch? lol

      Delete
  6. It's so interesting to compare the photos and see the differences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds simple -but is more difficult to do in real life!

    Love the autumn leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pictured you standing in the leaves, loving the feel and the sight and the smell of them. I, too, followed the instructions including placing my hand over my heart :) Amazing how a simple but beautiful idea can travel.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails