Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Ramblin' Post


I always find fall/autumn an introspective time of year. Alright I heard that.....I know I
can go a tad overboard in the 'serious department'.


It's my nature, and speaking of nature fall is by far my favourite season! I have just decided.
What other time of year can you 'catch your breath' and just take the time to take a look around.


Not only at those pretty-coloured leaves, but also at yourself. It's a time to be a little 
introspective....before hibernation ascends upon us (at least some of us)!


Time to give yourself an honest 'once-over' and get rid of some baggage from previous 'seasons'.
Also time to set some plans in place for the next few months till spring when we can leave
the house once again.


This week I have officially left behind a large portion of my life....I retired! Since I was forced to retire unofficially five years ago, it's been that long?, due to an accident I had, it was made official this week.


No more teachers, no more books, no more 'students' dirty looks............





14 comments:

  1. Hi Jim,
    'Introspect' away... happy official retirement, time to open a new chapter in your book of life! The fall is my favourite time of year also. Have a good day!
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fall, Jim.
    Fall is just a perfect time of year. I love having my children nearer to me and this season makes that happen. And very soon, we'll be watching Charlie Brown's Halloween and Thanksgiving specials as a Family. You can't beat that!
    Now, take a deep breath, exhale and enjoy this retirement of yours.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 'official' retirement, Jim! Autumn is truly an introspective season. And it's beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jim! Unofficial or official retirements are a good thing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your official retirement will be full of adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you can list your occupation on forms as "retired gentleman." Enjoy the introspective autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your official retirement, Jim!
    Lovely fall colors in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting your retirement "official"! Time now to look ahead to all the new things you can get into!

    It's really getting pretty there. I have yet to see anything beautiful here, I keep hoping though. Fall is here too now, usually we see something spectacular, guess it was a bad year for our trees and a good year for yours. Love your shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Official Retirement!
    I would enjoy Fall more if I could keep from worrying about Winter, lol. You certainly have spectacular Fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm sorry you had an accident, but happy that you can officially retire. I retired at the end of 2011 (high school band and choir director, and English teacher), and nine and a half months in, can say that I love waking up each morning. Quite a few of my ex-students have "friended" me on facebook and I do enjoy that way of staying connected to our youth. As for introspection, it's my favourite kind of writing. I especially loved that last photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry too for your accident, and "forced" anything. But I would like to offer congratulations on your official retirement. These photos are breath taking. Winter is my favorite season but I really do love autumn, especially now. Thanks as always for sharing such amazing photography.

    ReplyDelete
  12. EVERYONE!!! Thanks you very much for the good wishes. Much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on making it official!!!
    Now, you can teach about life, like what you've been doing here,
    to whomever wants a listen.
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will they start to listen now?! I've been waiting! LOL

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails