Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thinking Out Loud

           
       As our first snowfall is hitting along the eastern shore, I am happy that just a few days 


                      
                       ago I 'harvested' the few Scarlet Runner beans left for next years crop.



                      I cannot remember the last time I have had to buy these beans to plant.



  I wait for them to turn brown on the vine and then bring them in to dry out completely. 



  After a few days I 'shell' them and put the beans in a paper bag and place in the fridge.



And towards the end of May I will take them out into the garden once again, and continue the cycle.





12 comments:

  1. The best way for me Jim.

    Some of the best runners I've grown were from the previous years seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, let's think about May now. I can't believe we're about to do "winter" again. Ugh!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you certainly are beholding all sorts of wondrous things. Yesterday, you saw the beauty in a tall bridge span against a gray sky and today this! Amazing. And enjoy the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! At first I thought they were vanilla pods... Silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? Sophie left some for you? How kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry....lol.....yes she did! Actually these were the higher ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of these beans.. they look a little like green beans.. hurry spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbi....yes they do, but larger and they have really nice red blossoms.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails