Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cathy




The phone rang at 8:30 A.M. this morning. I saw that it was Country Critter Sitters........Sophie's daycare.


Cathy and Mary are sisters and they have run this top of the line day care for dogs for about 7 years now.


I said hello hoping to distinguish whom it was on the other end! They sound exactly alike. I could tell right away that it was Mary.


After the initial niceties she began to cry and tell me that Cathy had died yesterday at lunchtime at home.


This didn't sound right to me. Cathy was only in her late 50's. I have known her since the 70's. I went to university with her. She was a very kind soul and I loved hearing her laugh.


I consider Cathy as being Sophie's 'nanny'. Sophie spent a good deal of time with her for the first year and a half . Cathy spoiled all 'her' dogs. Sophie loved the attention Cathy gave her. Not to mention the treats! lol


This has hit us pretty hard. We are having a difficult time wrapping our brains around this. We are going to spend some time with Mary this afternoon.


Cathy loved classical music and listened to it on the CBC every day. I dedicate the following piece to you Cathy......bon voyage my dear friend.



Related Posts with Thumbnails