Monday, May 9, 2011

Contemplative Monday





Thanks to Jojo over at My Random Insanities, I have found a quote that really explains how I feel about the news of bin Laden's death this past week.


 "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"

-Martin Luther King, Jr.






12 comments:

  1. I love it also! Unfortunately, someone added the first sentence. Martin Luther King Jr. did not say that first line. Picture is amazing. Wishing you the happiest of weeks! Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim I love the photos and I really love your quote.So true. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that. Great photos and thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was such a wise brave man. I think the world needs him back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, that is true....it was Mark Twain I believe who wrote the first sentence. So a combination of two very great minds. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. many would not agree
    the world is too full of hatred!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody could say it better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. And the whole thing was basically a publicity stunt. It doesn't change anything. The U.S. is still enmeshed in Afghanistan for no good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, that good quote made the rounds of Facebook. I might add that Jesus warned us not to repay evil with evil. Even when betrayed by Judas, He did not rejoice or gloat when Judas hung himself.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails