Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saturday Morning Post



Here, there, and everywhere kind of week......


Noticed this week that the Hemlock tree I planted a couple of years ago
is really starting to take off......it is the light green one in the background/right.


These dried Sedum were picking up the rising sun the other morning.


Birdbath during our 'one day' thaw this week.


Sophie came along as I walked through the garden, doing what dogs do the best...sniff.


Our pre-breakfast smoothie before breakfast yesterday in the city.


At the library on Friday.....Ron went ahead as I had some shopping to do.
I finally got there and entered on the first floor wondering where he would be.
When all of a sudden I heard this TST TST sound.....
I looked way up and there he was on the fourth floor looking down at me.


Again this week we were able to find two more comfortable chairs
but this time facing in the opposite direction...north.
We sat and read for a couple of hours.


Read and took a few shots, I should say.
I liked the mix of the old and the new here.


This one was taken while we were stopped at the lights.


When I was visiting the shop this week
 I took a few shots of things in the gallery on the first floor.
This is one of them.....I like what this woman does with her sea-glass.
They sell like 'hot cakes'!


While picking up Sophie from doggie daycare yesterday,
Ron and I went to visit one of the resident horses.


It was a beautiful early evening there at the 'farm' when we got Sophie.


This was taken this week at the new park we 'found'.





22 comments:

  1. So many beautiful photos telling beautiful stories. And that sea-glass art is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mitchell. Don't you just love what she has done here with the sea glass and a few lines!

      Delete
  2. I love all your photos, and the activities that you do, that Hemlock it's so beautiful....and libraries oh I love them , and old buildings full of delights and that glass artist oh my, divine all so beautiful i love the photo of the horse, there is such a warm quality to it, you always amaze me, with all that you see, all that you do and best of all , all that you share with us your blogger friends, have a wonderful weekend to you, to Ron, Sophie and everyone you come across :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That horses name is Tallen and she is the most gentle soul, Lorraine, and loves to be patted on the head.
      Hope your weekend is filled with peace and joy.

      Delete
  3. After reading view posts about your whereabouts and whatabouts, I kinda started liking the library part. I like the idea of sitting somewhere quiet watching or photographing views or sights visible from where you are sitted. My husband and I have this winter pastime of sitting in a cafe by the window an watching people pass by .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, I LOVE to watch people, discretely of course. They have always fascinated me. What a wonderful way to spend some time.
      Good to see you.

      Delete
  4. Happy weekend! I love your photos and wow I really love the little birds made with sea glass. I have never seen sea glass up close-how fun to find-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH oh! I sense another project may be heading your way, Kathy!! You would be so good at it too......being the artist that you are!
      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. I see you're a horse whisperer in addition to your other talents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be me, Debra! If that horse only knew (which she probably did) that horses scare the bejeepers out of me! Bad experiences with them. I'll stick to dogs and cats.

      Delete
  6. Gosh, Jim, these are all such wonderful shots.
    Sophie is so adorable and that "horse shot' is amazing.
    My grandpa had horses and taught me how to ride them, I love them :)

    Happy Sat to you, Ron & Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Margie.
      Tried to ride a horse twice....not so good at it!
      Would that have been here in Nova Scotia?
      Good weekend to you and yours.

      Delete
    2. Yep, it sure was in Nova Scotia .. Grandpa lived in a little place called Knoydart , right next to MacArrasBrook (where my home was) about 20 miles from Antigonish ..
      I grew up in the country .. . loved it :)

      Delete
    3. Today it spelled
      McArras Brook , but when I was growing up it was Mac ..

      Delete
  7. Great week, love the idea w/sea glass.
    The 'frozen in place' is inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how most things return to life in the spring after being frozen solid for months, eh Sharon?!
      The sea glass woman is very talented and whimsical with her work. She is a baker by trade as well!

      Delete
  8. Jim, I always enjoy dropping by to see the Saturday photos. Your photos tell a story of life - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, Barb. Photos can tell a story about our lives.

      Delete
  9. Great shots, Jim! I especially love the one of Ron at library waving at you. Wonderful perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron is still amazed that I heard him at all, Martha! The place was packed with visiting school kids.....I guess I was in the right place at the right time.
      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  10. Great shots. The new library looks like a wonderful place to hang out for a few hours. I love the little sea glass birds. Such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a delightful post, Jim, from the little sea glass birds to the big horsie mug! I wanted to reach into the screen, grab that smoothie, and drink it. Any chance you'd share the recipe? I hope that you are warm and dry this morning! Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails