Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday Morning Post



A very cold winter's week......


Taken from the beach looking up towards MacDonald Hill and the MacDonald House.


Close up of the MacDonald House....my little shop is on third floor.....
right side of building that window in the middle above cafe.


Thinking about all the people across this great Atlantic Ocean in France this week.


This was my view yesterday at the library....
we found very cozy chairs and plunked ourselves down for a few hours.


Most of the windows in the library have these 'designed letters' on them 
to help/prevent birds from flying into them.


That gray building across the way is the old library.
My sister and I used to go there as kids.


A walk on the beach the morning of Ron's birthday last Saturday.


About to 'take off'!


At Ron's birthday lunch.....


We were at the 'Lion and Bright, Cafe Wine Bar'.
The 'Local Source' market is adjoined too the cafe
which supplies all the fresh produce and local grass-fed meat.


The 'birthday boy' enjoying the conversation with sister-in-law, Jackie 
and my brother, Dennis.


Dennis listening intently to Ron and Jackie.


Funny what one notices.


The sun casting its light straight through the cafe.


Food arrived...


Then dessert for the 'Birthday Boy'!





17 comments:

  1. i love the beauty and originality of all your photos, they are awesome and happy birthday wishes and a kiss on the cheek, from me, to you, Ron and yes of course Sophie, love everything you post....Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you, Lorraine. Thank you. Ron and Sophie thank you as well.

      Delete
  2. Mmmm, that birthday lunch looks good! And isn't that Canada Post truck a bright splash of red against the greys and browns of your photo of the old library?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That truck was a 'god send', Debra for exactly that reason! Good eye, girl!

      Delete
  3. I do hope they are going to re-purpose the old library.
    It looks like Ron's B-Day was a smash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, Sharon. I haven't heard anything about what their plans are. I'll do a little digging.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photos, Jim! And it looks like such a great time at that birthday lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Martha.
      It is a great cafe....very relaxed and a good mix of people.

      Delete
  5. what a fun birthday celebration! i love all of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun time for all of us.
      Thanks Joyce.

      Delete
  6. Jim, you really found the beauty arond you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's everywhere, Lisa, everywhere!! I have learned to open my mind and eyes.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  7. I loved these pictures, Jim, and shared them with Terry. He is quite taken with your photo effects and wants a) to know how you do them; and, b) why I'm not doing that! Duh! Doesn't he know, living with me, my oft-expressed wish to have clones??? My favorite pictures are of Ron. You really captured him in these. The one with his arms outspread is so quintessentially Ron, the Ron I remember so well: full of fun and life, always upbeat and tickety-boo, game for anything, joyful! And that last photo! You can see his goodness and joy shining through. I would say that you are so lucky to have him; but then he's lucky to have you too. You're the tether that lets him soar; calming, grounded, funny, full of quiet joy, always have his back, always filling his sails. Okay ~ I'll stop! Can you tell that I'm getting my sparkle back! LOL! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it, Louise! Ron's sense of fun and laughter is what grabbed me from the start! I had never met someone who was so happy and enjoyed life. we are a good balance for one another and offer a different perspective to each other.....but have the same basic respect of our differences.
      Good to see that sparkle again!!
      Took that header shoot this morning.....the waves were crashing and almost got us!!

      Delete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails