Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday Morning Post


All over the place this week:


Our deciduous Azalea is in bloom.


I found my grade one photo in an old book recently.
 I remember all those faces but not all their names.
I am the 7th boy from the left on top row...the only kid with a neck tie!


Yesterday while we were having breakfast in Halifax 
I looked out the window and up at the moon which was still visible.


On the way to see my father last Sunday (Father's Day).....rainy/stormy day.


Ron and I walked around the Halifax waterfront yesterday morning after breakfast.
Sophie is in Doggie Day Care on Fridays.


Another shot of that Azalea.


When Sophie and I arrived at Dad's last Sunday he was on the phone.
Sophie was very patient.


View of Halifax from Dartmouth looking across Halifax Harbour.


Like a bird on a wire.....


Sophie waiting patiently again before she tore away to get 'Mr. Bionic' (her ball, of course!!)


Ron and Sophie one evening at Dyke Road Beach....new to us but Sophie has visited 
here with her day care buddies.


Graffiti on the Dartmouth waterfront.


Tracks and wild roses.


Wild daisies near those tracks.


Sky, church and graffiti.


From inside the Halifax Seaport Market looking out across to George's Island
which is right in the middle of Halifax Harbour.


Lawrencetown Lake and River system from high up on MacDonald Hill.


This caught my eye when at our shoppe MCM the other day.
It was in Fancy Lucky Vintage shoppe next door.





14 comments:

  1. good morning, enjoyed this saturday's collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! How did the resales go? Anything good?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Joyce, thank you. I'll have to check what you baked today!! and guess what? I have just eaten so it won't be so bad looking at your wonderful food that you make.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful images, Jim! You're so cute in that photo with your neck tie; all smiles :) Sophie certainly is patient. Did she get a treat after that? A beautiful Saturday to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, the guy two over from me to my right was my best friend. We always got into trouble because we were smiling/laughing about something all the time!! We had fun when something struck us funny!!
      Hope your Saturday is going well!

      Delete
  4. I don't know where to start Jim. These photos are so amazing, from the beautiful flowers, to Sophie's patience with you dad, and that incredibly warm beautiful light of an early evening, the almost moon. the handsome distinguished young boy with a tie, with that smile bet the teacher thought, that one, that one will be special..and the photos of Halifax, I fall in love everyday and the vintage man's clothing that one got be giggling I'd be it in a NS second lol the bridge, and always that magnificient ocean...Oh all so beautiful, congratulations on making this awesome world your own and loving it back x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always made the world my own or at least tried to do that, Lorraine. There's nothing too special about me, just a guy stumbling through life. But I am happy you liked this post. Thanks so much and I hope your weekend is going well.

      Delete
  5. I'm with Lorraine (above) ~ where to start with this great collection! Of course the teacher in me fell for your first grade photo ~ Didn't you look cute in your tie! I'm guessing you went to a boys only school. And I loved the picture of Sophie with your dad. How lucky you are to have him still. He looks great! I really enjoy your Saturday morning posts! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise. You are correct.....I went to a an all-boys school up to grade 8. Back then all the catholic public schools were segregated.....boys in one school and the girls across the street in their school. In someone's wisdom they mixed both together for grades 8 and 9. Then from 10 to 12 we were separated again. Who knows?
      I am glad you like these 'wrap up' posts on Saturday. I like doing them.

      Delete
  6. That's the best looking graffiti I ever saw.
    What a cute little boy!
    Love the azalea, and the lake/river.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had a good laugh at that last one! And oooooo, Dyke Road Beach -- sounds like my kinda place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little cutie you were in your tie!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails