Friday, October 11, 2013

Getting To Know Me


My Aunt Annabel's death on September 25th was a shocker for my family.


Above is a photo of Aunt Annabel when she was about 17 or so.
When I saw this photo at her 'wake' last week, I thought how
stunning she looked at such a young age.


Photo on the left is my aunt with her first daughter in 1944.

The photo on the right was a very typical scene for our
families when I was young.....at the beach.
That is Annabel with her daughter on the left
and my sister on the right.
That little fella with the droopy diaper/bathing suit would be me!
This was taken in the summer of 1949.

Above is Annabel with her husband and my uncle Dan who passed away a few years ago.

Aunt Annabel had a very big influence on my family throughout the years.

She `filled in` when my mother was ill and we knew we could always go to her house
any time we wanted to......for a meal, comfort or just to play with our cousins.

You know when a very integral person in your family dies, and there is a void 
or empty space that will never again be filled ?

This would be my Aunt Annabel. She will be sorely missed.









20 comments:

  1. it must have been wonderful to have an aunt like that. my aunts were jerks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I was very fortunate then. She was a lovely human being.

      Delete
  2. You can always remember her... I often think about my Dad, what he said, did... would think ;)... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I will be doing exactly that to remember her.

      Delete
  3. A person can have no better tribute than to be remembered with love and gratitude. Your aunt belongs to that select group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tribute to your aunt. She sounds like a loving person. I had a couple of them like her and I am sorry we drifted apart, but the memories are still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was Sharon. She would 'give you the shirt off her back'.

      Delete
  5. Oh, Jim, I am so very sorry for your loss. My mom lost both of her sisters within a year of each other, and I know how much I miss my aunts everyday.

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. Yes, aunts are very special people.

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry, Jim. Your Aunt Annabel was a strong presence in your life and she will live in your heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she will Inger.
      So good to see you again Inger!!

      Delete
  7. people like your Aunt are very special in one's lives-I agree what someone else wrote: the best tribute to someone's life is to be remembered and loved-and missed

    ReplyDelete
  8. She was absolutely beautiful at every age.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. she sounds like a very special woman, no wonder she was such an important part of your life. Such beauty inside and out never fades. Bless her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That she was, Joanne. Her influence/energy will be with us forever.
      Good to see you Joanne.

      Delete
  10. A loving tribute to your aunt. She was a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I really like your comments and appreciate the time you took to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails